Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp output
Operating Systems Solaris scp output Post 302503414 by Mack1982 on Thursday 10th of March 2011 12:42:45 PM
Old 03-10-2011
scp output

Hi,
I use an expect script to scp a file from server1. It use to work fine until i tried them on some specific sparc servers where it failed. Upon some analysis i found that the output of scp was different, causing expect to fail.
Generally when we do scp a file from server1, we are prompted for password, however, in this case the output was "user@server1's password". I am puzzled as to why scp on identical os's have two different outputs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp output fm script won't go to file

Have a script that scp's tar file to multiple other servers in a for loop. Need to set monitoring and notification on it for when it fails. Running this line of code in a 'for' loop... scp $SOURCE_RECOVERY_TARFILE ${HOST}:${CURR_RECOV_TARFILE} 2>&1 | tee ${MONFILE} Their are two outputs... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmikes
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture scp output

I have a simple script that uses scp to copy some files from one server to another. I want to capture the files that are copied but simple redirection to a file does not work. So I want to capture this output from the scp command in a log file. -bash-3.00$ scp -pr /export/jumpstart/Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to direct scp output to a file in bash shell or script

I can run this from the command line: scp -i identfile /path/file_to_send remotelogin@remotebox:/path_to_put_it/file_to_send and I get: file_to_send 100% |***************************************************************************| 0 00:00 but if I do: scp -i identfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible with SCP?

I normally download a directory recursively using: scp -r <name>@host:<path> . This has worked fine. As everyone knows this will download all of the directory named in <path> and all of the sub directories. I would like to know if it is possible to not download a particular file if it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy file using SCP (Input/output & Permission denied error)

Hi, I am facing issue while using scp. Source & target machines are Linux & HP-UX respectively. On target machine, if I fire the following command, I get error: Now if I try scp on another file, which is on the same source machine, it works fine. All directories and subdirectories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need help with scp

Hi, I am trying to do scp from server A to server B. But while doing the scp i am getting the following message. +-----------------------------------------------------------------+ | This system is for the use of authorized users only. | | Individuals using this computer system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
6 Replies
asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-instance, stop-instance - stops the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
stop-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the stop-instance to stop the instance with the instance name specified. The stop-instance can be run both locally and remotely. The named instance must already exist within the given domain; and the instance must be running. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be stopped. Example 1: Using stop-instance in local mode asadmin> stop-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the domain1 domain is stopped locally. Example 2: Using stop-instance in remote mode asadmin> stop-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the named user, password, host and port is deleted from the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)