Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time accurate simulator
Special Forums Hardware time accurate simulator Post 302502252 by qqkk88 on Monday 7th of March 2011 10:56:11 AM
Old 03-07-2011
time accurate simulator

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to build a cycle accurate simulator? I've looked at QEMU and SESC simulator, but they are only cycle accurate for the CPU part. I'm looking for a simulator which can estimate the performance including CPU and I/O. For example, when I configure the simulator by SSD rather than hard disk, I hope the simulator can tell me how large the performance improvement is. Does anybody have idea?

Thanks,

Chien-An

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculation - Result not accurate if numbe too big

Dear all, Below is my script, totalCount=57006427 totalSummCount=1207590 let percentageSumTmp1=${totalCount}-${totalSummCount} let percentageSumTmp2=${percentageSumTmp1}*100 The expected result for percentageSumTmp2 should be (5579883700), but when I execute the script in unix env i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieving accurate file timestamp

Hi Gurus, The requirement is to collect the timestamp of soft links and collect it in a file in the following pattern: This is the expected output: Pattern: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mi:ss filename Example: 12/26/2008 10:31:09 <Filename>.zip The closest way I could get was this: ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jidsh
8 Replies

4. Solaris

storage simulator

hi all, i want to know how to configure CAM, how to create volumes,groups etc. one of my friend given me a simulator software. i installed that but it does not take any hard disk. how can i do the above practice in my PC. please help me waiting for your valuable suggestion thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script not showing accurate Time Stamp and Size

Hey guys - I have made this script and for some reason, I dont see time stamp as "Month-Day-YYYY Hours-Mins" - all i see is Month and Day. Also, my file size is approximated. For example, if the size is 19,606KB - the script shows as 20M. Is there a way to see the exact file size? How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output is not Accurate

list db directory |grep alias |awk '{print "connect to ",$4}' In a shell script the below line should display output as below connect to <DATABASENAME> but its throwing error like Syntax Error The source line is 1. The error context is {print connect to,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem while printing accurate decimal value

Hi, I have a file tp.txt having below data CE2DD,N,5055,16.12.2013,3.114,12195.89,MVR,003388,Web::00000005055,Web Payment and i am using below code to print the values for var_amt_pay in `awk -F',' '{ arr += $6} END {for (i in arr) {print i "," arr } }' tp.txt` do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranabhavish
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing files from October 4th is not accurate

Good evening: Need your help please Before deleting older logs from octobre 4th i need to identify which files i have to remove, for instance today is octobre 8ht, i need to remove files from October 4th Because there are many files i can not list because error args too long, so ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies
UCSIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  UCSIM(1)

NAME
s51, savr, sz80 - 8051, AVR and Z80 microcontrollers simulator for SDCC. SYNOPSIS
s51 [options] filenames savr [options] filenames sz80 [options] filenames WARNING
The information in this man page is an extract from the full documentation of SDCC, and is limited to the meaning of the options. For complete and current documentation, refer to the ucSim simulator User Guide. DESCRIPTION
ucSim is a microcontroller simulator. It is extensible to support different microcontroller families. MCS51 family is simulated bys51. AVR family is simulated by savr. Z80 processor is simulated by sz80. Specified files must be names of Intel hex files. Simulator loads them in specified order into the ROM of the simulated system. OPTIONS
-t CPU Type of CPU. Recognized types are: 51, 8051, 8751, C51, 80C51, 87C51, 31, 8031, C31, 80C31, 52, 8052, 8752, C52, 80C52, 87C52, 32, 8032, C32, 80C32, 51R, 51RA, 51RB, 51RC, C51R, C51RA, C51RB, C51RC, 89C51R, 251, C251, DS390, DS390F. Note that recongition of a CPU type as option does not mean that the simulator can simulate that kind of CPU. Default type is C51. DS390 supports Dallas DS80C390 dual-dptr operations, DS390F supports minimal flat24 mode code and dual-dptr operations. -X freq[k|M] XTAL frequency is freq Hertz. k or M can be used to specify frequency in kHZ or MHz. Space is not allowed between the number and the k or M. Default value is 11059200 Hz. -c file Open command console on file. Command consoles are on standard input and output by default. Using this option the console can be opened on any file for example on the serial interface of the computer. -Z portnum Listen for incoming connections on port portnum. Using this option uCsim can serve multiple consoles. You can get a console by sim- ply telnet into machine running uCsimto port portnumber. This option is not available on platforms which doesn't support BSD net- working. -s file Connect serial interface of the simulated microcontroller to the file. Nothing is used by default which means that characters trans- mitted by serial interface of the simulated microcontroller go to nowhere and it will never receive anything. If you are going to communicate with serial interface interactively the best idea is to specify a teminal with -s option. -S in=file,out=file Using this option you can specify different files for input and output streams that uCsim uses to simulate microprocessor's serial interface. -p prompt Using this option you can specify any string to be the prompt of command interpreter, for example: $ s51 -p "s51> " ucsim 0.2.12, Copyright (C) 1997 Daniel Drotos, Talker Bt. ucsim comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show w'. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; type `show c' for details. s51> -P Prompt will be a null ('') character. This feature can be useful for programs which controlls simulator through a pipe. -V Verbose mode. The simulator notifies you about some kind of internal actions for example interrupts. Messages are printed on command console. -v Print out version number and stop. -H Print out types of known CPUs. Names printed out by this option can be used to determine CPU type using -t option. -h Print out a short help about the options and stop. COPYING
ucSim is distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
sdcc(1), s51(1), savr(1), sz80(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). UCSIM(1)