Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tcl-argv with switch & while
Top Forums Programming tcl-argv with switch & while Post 302502064 by odys on Sunday 6th of March 2011 05:52:55 PM
Old 03-06-2011
This code does not look like Tcl. It looks more like Perl to me.
Anyway, the operation shift removes first entry from array, something like:
A[1]=A[2]; A[2]=A[3]; ...
so the code indeed can iterate over whole array, since every element end up as argv[1] at some point. Sh and perl programmers often do it this way.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if #argv = (this OR that) then...

this is in one of my scripts... if ($#argv == 0) then echo 'blah bla' exit 0 endif I want it to be something like this... if ($#argv == 0 OR $argv >=3) echo 'blah bla' exit 0 endif so when the arguments are none, or greater than three I want this "if then" to take over. how? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl switch statement

I am just learning Tcl and there are few things about it that is perplexing me. I have a question about the switch statement. Why are these two switch statements giving me different results? $ cat test_switch.tcl #!/usr/bin/tcl set foo "abc" switch abc a - b {puts "No. 1"} $foo {puts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

4. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

5. Programming

C shell deciphers someones code & argv

I’m trying to work off of someone else code they gave me as an example but they are gone! I’m trying to pretty much write a wrapper of several different scripts. They use argv…I keep on thinking the next one should be argv ect. I’m not sure if maybe its different in PERL maybe if that’s true? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carbuncle11
5 Replies

6. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting for Router, Switch & FW deviation

Hi, I have written a script for finding deviation for router,switch &fw. It is working fine on linux server. But when I try on sunos 5.10 OS it showing "grep: illegal option -- A". I have used grep -C and grep -A. How it will work on sunos? Help me out please !! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: GautamSK
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ARGV how to use it?

So i am trying to read in file readFile <GivenFile> modFile looking for a regular file under the directories in the GivenFile and print them out is my over all goal. basically I am looking for anything that looks like a directory in the given file and printing it out. Since I am trying to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squidGreen
2 Replies
RESET(3)								 1								  RESET(3)

reset - Set the internal pointer of an array to its first element

SYNOPSIS
mixed reset (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
reset(3) rewinds $array's internal pointer to the first element and returns the value of the first array element. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. RETURN VALUES
Returns the value of the first array element, or FALSE if the array is empty. EXAMPLES
Example #1 reset(3) example <?php $array = array('step one', 'step two', 'step three', 'step four'); // by default, the pointer is on the first element echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step one" // skip two steps next($array); next($array); echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step three" // reset pointer, start again on step one reset($array); echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step one" ?> SEE ALSO
current(3), each(3), end(3), next(3), prev(3). PHP Documentation Group RESET(3)