Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to create a simple script using MD5, SSH... Post 302501786 by Corona688 on Friday 4th of March 2011 06:45:24 PM
Old 03-04-2011
/usr/local/bin/ is a weird place for it to be. That's not usually in your PATH, either. It might have been custom-built and installed on just that server... You'd better make sure all the servers in question actually have it.

If they do, there you go, /usr/local/bin/md5.

If they don't, hmm.... how big are these files you're checking?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create md5 Hash variable?

I have a script that runs the grub-md5-crypt command based on whether the pass_value variable is a non-zero string. The md5 hash is being created in the /opt/hostconfigs/$HOST file, but I can't echo $md5_value. It is blank. Is there a way to create and echo a md5 hash variable? if then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying simple commands to create a script

Can anyone direct me to a resource that explains scripting in simple terms? I have visited many sites and browsed this forum and have yet to find simple explanations. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SSH script

I have several unix servers, I need to logon to each server and find out if an id exists on that server. I need a simple script for this, i have come up with the following script, but I cannot bring the output of a child process on the remote server. for i in `cat SERVER_LIST` do ssh $i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create a simple background script on Solaris

I have a local account for a unix server. The idle timeout for the account is around 10 mins. I have to login to the server multiple times during the day. Is there a way to increase the idle timeout or may be a script that I can run on background so it is not idle. Something like echo date every 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinaysa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create simple script

Dear all, I have a directory named A and some subdirectories named B, C, D with .xml files. I want to use the following command to strip the file. sed -re ':start s/<*>//g; /</ {N; b start}' file.xml > file.xml At the same time, I want to remove the blank lines using sed '/^$/d' How can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
MAN.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       MAN.CONF(5)

NAME
man.conf -- man(1) and manpath(1) configuration files DESCRIPTION
The man.conf file is used to configure the manual search path, locales, and utility set for man(1) and its related utilities. During ini- tialization, man(1) reads the configuration files located at /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf and /etc/man.conf. The files contained in /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf are intended to be used by the ports(7) system for extending the manual set to support additional paths and locales. /etc/man.conf is intended to be used by the local administrator to set additional policy. Currently supported configuration variables include: MANCONFIG Overrides the default location to import additional manual configuration files. Defaults to /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf. MANPATH Adds the specified directory to the manual search path. MANLOCALE Indicates support is available for the given locale. For pages in a given language, overriding the default toolset for display is supported via the following definitions: EQN_LANG NROFF_LANG PIC_LANG TBL_LANG TROFF_LANG REFER_LANG VGRIND_LANG See the EXAMPLES section for how to use these variables. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The parser used for this utility is very basic and only supports comment characters (#) at the beginning of a line. FILES
/etc/man.conf System configuration file. /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf Local configuration files. EXAMPLES
A perl port that needs to install additional manual pages outside of the default location could install a file in /usr/local/etc/man.d/perl.conf with the following contents: # Add perl man pages to search path MANPATH /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/man MANPATH /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/perl/man A Japanese localization port could install a custom toolset and include a file in /usr/local/etc/man.d/ja-man-doc.conf with the following contents: # Setup Japanese toolset MANLOCALE ja_JP.eucJP EQN_JA /usr/local/bin/geqn PIC_JA /usr/local/bin/gpic TBL_JA /usr/local/bin/gtbl NROFF_JA /usr/local/bin/groff -man -dlang=ja_JP.eucJP TROFF_JA /usr/local/bin/groff -man -dlang=ja_JP.euc.jp If the system administrator decides to override the LOCALBASE make(1) variable causing all ports(7) to be installed into /opt instead of /usr/local, specifying the following in /etc/man.conf will accommodate this change: # Look for additional configuration files MANCONFIG /opt/etc/man.d/*.conf SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), manpath(1), whatis(1) BSD
June 3, 2011 BSD