Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Veritas not attaching replaced disk Post 302501632 by fugitive on Friday 4th of March 2011 04:50:23 AM
Old 03-04-2011
try

Code:
vxdisksetup -i diskname format=sliced ..

as ur c1t0d0 disk is in cds format and as far as i know root disks can't be of cds format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

FSCK on veritas managed disk

I've had a VXFS filesystem get corrupted and now it won't mount. Can I run a fsck -y on the raw disk device or should something be done within veritas? Veritas does not see the disk at the moment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas root disk mirroring

Hi there, My task is to replace the two 73 G disks with two 143 G disks , which has vxvm 4.1 running on it. I would like to know whether the steps iam following are correct. 1. Break the sub-disks, plexes of the root mirror. 2. Remove the sub-disks,plexes of the root mirror. 3. Remove one of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from Veritas

I have a bogus disk that keeps showing up as failed from vxdisk list - - disk hpdg failed was:c2t0d11s2 There isnt any c2 devices on the system: # ls /dev/dsk/c2* /dev/dsk/c2*: No such file or directory # ls /dev/rdsk/c2* /dev/rdsk/c2*: No such file or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
3 Replies

4. AIX

Remove internal disk from Veritas Control

I installed new internal disks in my p570. They will be part of a new AIX vg. Unfortunately, we have Veritas Volume Manager running on this AIX 5.2 ml 10 box. Veritas has grabbed control of the disks. I want AIX LVM to control the disks. I cannot get these disks free of Veritas: <lspv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure disk group with veritas

People i have an a storage i create two virtual disk 1 y 2. In the virtual disk 1 i configure 8 volumes and in the Vd2 configure 5 volumes. Now i want to create a disk group called Prod2 y Dev2 but when i go to vxdiskadm and i choose add disk o encapusalte when i press list to list the disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas disk group not the same on each cluster node.

Need help getting all disk devices back on node 2 the same as node 1. Recently Veritas and/or Sun cluster got wrecked on my 2 node Sun cluster after installing the latest patch cluster. I backed out the patches and then node 2 could see only half of the devices and Veritas drives (though format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Linux LVM.. Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
5 Replies

8. Linux

Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies

10. AIX

Replaced pdisk not showing up in SAS Disk Array Configuration

OSLevel: 5300-10-02-0943 System Model: IBM,8203-E4A Power 6 == Hi! I replaced a failed pdisk in the raid enclosure as follows, - rmdev -l 'pdisk18' '-d' - Replaced it. - cfgmgr (detected) - I can see the new drive, with the correct serial # lscfg -v -l pdisk18 pdisk18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estrar
2 Replies
TR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     TR(1)

NAME
tr - translate characters SYNOPSIS
tr [ -cds ] [ string1 [ string2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
Tr copies the standard input to the standard output with substitution or deletion of selected characters. Input characters found in string1 are mapped into the corresponding characters of string2. When string2 is short it is padded to the length of string1 by duplicat- ing its last character. Any combination of the options -cds may be used: -c complements the set of characters in string1 with respect to the universe of characters whose ASCII codes are 01 through 0377 octal; -d deletes all input characters in string1; -s squeezes all strings of repeated output characters that are in string2 to single characters. In either string the notation a-b means a range of characters from a to b in increasing ASCII order. The character `' followed by 1, 2 or 3 octal digits stands for the character whose ASCII code is given by those digits. A `' followed by any other character stands for that character. The following example creates a list of all the words in `file1' one per line in `file2', where a word is taken to be a maximal string of alphabetics. The second string is quoted to protect `' from the Shell. 012 is the ASCII code for newline. tr -cs A-Za-z '12' <file1 >file2 SEE ALSO
ed(1), ascii(7) BUGS
Won't handle ASCII NUL in string1 or string2; always deletes NUL from input. TR(1)