Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Veritas not attaching replaced disk Post 302501632 by fugitive on Friday 4th of March 2011 04:50:23 AM
Old 03-04-2011
try

Code:
vxdisksetup -i diskname format=sliced ..

as ur c1t0d0 disk is in cds format and as far as i know root disks can't be of cds format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

FSCK on veritas managed disk

I've had a VXFS filesystem get corrupted and now it won't mount. Can I run a fsck -y on the raw disk device or should something be done within veritas? Veritas does not see the disk at the moment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas root disk mirroring

Hi there, My task is to replace the two 73 G disks with two 143 G disks , which has vxvm 4.1 running on it. I would like to know whether the steps iam following are correct. 1. Break the sub-disks, plexes of the root mirror. 2. Remove the sub-disks,plexes of the root mirror. 3. Remove one of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from Veritas

I have a bogus disk that keeps showing up as failed from vxdisk list - - disk hpdg failed was:c2t0d11s2 There isnt any c2 devices on the system: # ls /dev/dsk/c2* /dev/dsk/c2*: No such file or directory # ls /dev/rdsk/c2* /dev/rdsk/c2*: No such file or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
3 Replies

4. AIX

Remove internal disk from Veritas Control

I installed new internal disks in my p570. They will be part of a new AIX vg. Unfortunately, we have Veritas Volume Manager running on this AIX 5.2 ml 10 box. Veritas has grabbed control of the disks. I want AIX LVM to control the disks. I cannot get these disks free of Veritas: <lspv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure disk group with veritas

People i have an a storage i create two virtual disk 1 y 2. In the virtual disk 1 i configure 8 volumes and in the Vd2 configure 5 volumes. Now i want to create a disk group called Prod2 y Dev2 but when i go to vxdiskadm and i choose add disk o encapusalte when i press list to list the disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas disk group not the same on each cluster node.

Need help getting all disk devices back on node 2 the same as node 1. Recently Veritas and/or Sun cluster got wrecked on my 2 node Sun cluster after installing the latest patch cluster. I backed out the patches and then node 2 could see only half of the devices and Veritas drives (though format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Linux LVM.. Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
5 Replies

8. Linux

Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies

10. AIX

Replaced pdisk not showing up in SAS Disk Array Configuration

OSLevel: 5300-10-02-0943 System Model: IBM,8203-E4A Power 6 == Hi! I replaced a failed pdisk in the raid enclosure as follows, - rmdev -l 'pdisk18' '-d' - Replaced it. - cfgmgr (detected) - I can see the new drive, with the correct serial # lscfg -v -l pdisk18 pdisk18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estrar
2 Replies
Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)

NAME
Ace::Sequence::Gene - Simple "Gene" Object SYNOPSIS
# open database connection and get an Ace::Object sequence use Ace::Sequence; # get a megabase from the middle of chromosome I $seq = Ace::Sequence->new(-name => 'CHROMOSOME_I, -db => $db, -offset => 3_000_000, -length => 1_000_000); # get all the genes @genes = $seq->genes; # get the exons from the first one @exons = $genes[0]->exons; # get the introns @introns = $genes[0]->introns # get the CDSs (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!) @cds = $genes[0]->cds; DESCRIPTION
Ace::Sequence::Gene is a subclass of Ace::Sequence::Feature. It inherits all the methods of Ace::Sequence::Feature, but adds the ability to retrieve the annotated introns and exons of the gene. OBJECT CREATION
You will not ordinarily create an Ace::Sequence::Gene object directly. Instead, objects will be created in response to a genes() call to an Ace::Sequence object. OBJECT METHODS
Most methods are inherited from Ace::Sequence::Feature. The following methods are also supported: exons() @exons = $gene->exons; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated exons. introns() @introns = $gene->introns; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated introns. cds() @cds = $gene->cds; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to coding sequence. THIS IS NOT YET IMPLEMENTED. relative() $relative = $gene->relative; $gene->relative(1); This turns on and off relative coordinates. By default, the exons and intron features will be returned in the coordinate system used by the gene. If relative() is set to a true value, then coordinates will be expressed as relative to the start of the gene. The first exon will (usually) be 1. SEE ALSO
Ace, Ace::Object, Ace::Sequence,Ace::Sequence::Homol, Ace::Sequence::Feature, Ace::Sequence::FeatureList, GFF AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> with extensive help from Jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg@kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> Copyright (c) 1999, Lincoln D. Stein This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 148: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.14.2 2001-02-18 Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)