Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sh script sends SIGINT to a process Post 302501145 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 07:42:25 PM
Old 03-02-2011
If Tor is catching the SIGINT and exiting gracefully can't you just:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Initializing Tor..."
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/polipo onestart

# catch ctrl^c to close polipo as well
trap '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/polipo stop; quit' 2 15

# Start tor
tor

echo "Cleaning up Tor..."
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/polipo stop

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with handling SIGINT

For a program I am designing, which involves handling the keyboard input Ctrl^c (SIGINT), it is taking ages for the program to actually recognise and perform the corresponding action whenever I run it and hit Ctrl^C at the CL. I have to do at least 3 Ctrl^Cs before the program will actually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP Script that sends mail - Postfix breaks it

I have a PHP Script that works perfectly on a server that uses Sendmail. However I tried to port it to a new server that has the Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface, and it doesn't work properly. The php.ini file has the path for sendmail on both servers set to: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopfm523
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write the script to get the file size and sends an email

hi all Anybody have an idea to write the script to get the file size and sends an email when file size increse more than 10mb. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob

Hi Im very new at working with unix and this problem I simply can not understand. I know there are a lot of threads about problems with shell scripts behaving differently when run from a terminal and from a cronjob. I have tried everything(almost) but I still havent cracked this problem. Im... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightowl
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intercepting SIGINT in a bash script

I've written a bash script which captures video with DVgrab. Because of the nature of the tapes that I am digitizing, sometimes I want to quit capturing before the time that I set for DVgrab. When this is the case I press Ctrl-c and DVgrab exits cleanly, my problem is that there is additional... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starcast
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH script that sends text message or email

Hi, I have a BASH shell script that batch processes data. I often start this script before I leave to go home for the day, and leave it processing over night. It has come to my attention that it would be very useful for me to add the capability of making the script notify me about certain things... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Alert a file and sends an email

Hello All, I need a script which alerts me when a files arrive in a directory. I don't need every file. but i need some specific pattern file. And i need to get automatic email gettin as an alert For Example: /a/b/c/ : directory format of file should take regualr expression or manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trapping SIGINT after restarting program.

Tried to add a function to my control_c interrupt here. It works but has one little bug. If the user selects to run the function instead of exiting, the program restarts itself without forking as it should. However, after that control_c no longer works again. I wanted to allow the user to run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Azrael
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SIGINT issue

May i know what are the possible causes for SIGINT other than ctrl-c? Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always pass SIGINT in ksh

The following command will run and wait for input from the user. /usr/sap/SAP/webdisp/wdispmon pf=/usr/sap/SAP/webdisp/profile What I would like to do is (in one command): - Add the above line to a ksh script - Receive the output - and send a SIGINT I have seen many posts on how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapsid
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD