Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change default log location of SMF registered processes. Post 302500650 by hergp on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 07:24:47 AM
Old 03-01-2011
Again, you cannot change the location.

By renaming the FMRI (svccfg delete + svccfg import) you can only influence the name of the file, not it's location. And changing a solaris service in any way can mess up things greatly. Don't do it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

I need to change the location of a netbackup installation

Can anyone tell me how I can change the default location for a netbackup installation to another location on my box? The default location is too small and I want to install in another location that has the adequate space. The Netbackup user manual is USELESS!!:mad::mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need to kill processes from a specific location

Hi, I need to kill processes from a specific location for Linux, HP, AIX and Solaris. My problem is to be able to identify the location of the running processes. I've tried with a simple "ps -fu username | grep mylocation" but if the process command has been run directly from the location,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture child processes and change return values question

Thanks in advance. My environment is Ubuntu 9.04 desktop customized to be a high school classroom server for teaching code development. I have a unique "fake" jail called "lshell" which is very easy to setup and restricts users to commands that I dictate DISALLOWING ANYTHING ELSE. These... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

6. Solaris

removing associated processes from a SMF service

I'm running Tibco Hawk (hawkhma and agent) on a number of solaris 10 boxes (both x86 and Sparc). Tibco Hawk is a monitoring system, that can monitor processs and logs on the OS and applications. It also have the ability to start a process, if it for some reason, have died. I have implemented... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

avahi , change the log location

avahi error message goes to /var/log/messages , how can put avahi to log the error in a file /var/log/avahi-error instead of /var/log/messages (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 massive SMF log file

I found that there was a SMF log file: /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0 which occupied around 19G bytes. Please help me how to purge this massive file. Can I just use cat /dev/null > /var/svc/log/milesto..... to this file without any interruption to a non-stop system?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexLi
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
hald(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  hald(1M)

NAME
hald - daemon that supports hardware abstraction layer SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/hal/hald [--daemon={yes | no}]] [--help] [--use-syslog] [--verbose={yes | no}] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hald daemon supports the recognition of hardware changes for devices that conform to the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) specifica- tion. The enabling and disabling of hald can be performed through the service management facility (SMF) (see smf(5)). hald is managed using the fault management resource identifier (FMRI) svc:/system/hal. Options can be specified as SMF properties. See EXAMPLES. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --daemon Run as a daemon. --help Display usage information and exit. --use-syslog Display debug messages to syslog instead of stderr. Use this option to record debug messages if HAL runs as daemon. --verbose Display debug information. --version Display version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Specifying a Property The following svccfg(1M) command specifies the --verbose option. example# svccfg svc:> select hal svc:/system/hal> listprop hal/* hal/verbose boolean false hal/use_syslog boolean false svc:/system/hal> setprop hal/verbose=true svc:/system/hal> exit FILES
/usr/lib/hal HAL-related files /etc/hal/fdi Device information files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svccfg(1M), attributes(5), hal(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Jul 2008 hald(1M)