Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change default log location of SMF registered processes. Post 302500638 by gyan_198 on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 06:38:03 AM
Old 03-01-2011
As per your state i was trying to modify svc.stard but due to MSB executable file i flunked to do that Smilie
Now are you saying that service FMRI is only hope for changing log location ??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

I need to change the location of a netbackup installation

Can anyone tell me how I can change the default location for a netbackup installation to another location on my box? The default location is too small and I want to install in another location that has the adequate space. The Netbackup user manual is USELESS!!:mad::mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need to kill processes from a specific location

Hi, I need to kill processes from a specific location for Linux, HP, AIX and Solaris. My problem is to be able to identify the location of the running processes. I've tried with a simple "ps -fu username | grep mylocation" but if the process command has been run directly from the location,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture child processes and change return values question

Thanks in advance. My environment is Ubuntu 9.04 desktop customized to be a high school classroom server for teaching code development. I have a unique "fake" jail called "lshell" which is very easy to setup and restricts users to commands that I dictate DISALLOWING ANYTHING ELSE. These... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

6. Solaris

removing associated processes from a SMF service

I'm running Tibco Hawk (hawkhma and agent) on a number of solaris 10 boxes (both x86 and Sparc). Tibco Hawk is a monitoring system, that can monitor processs and logs on the OS and applications. It also have the ability to start a process, if it for some reason, have died. I have implemented... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

avahi , change the log location

avahi error message goes to /var/log/messages , how can put avahi to log the error in a file /var/log/avahi-error instead of /var/log/messages (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 massive SMF log file

I found that there was a SMF log file: /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0 which occupied around 19G bytes. Please help me how to purge this massive file. Can I just use cat /dev/null > /var/svc/log/milesto..... to this file without any interruption to a non-stop system?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexLi
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
rmvolmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      rmvolmgr(1M)

NAME
rmvolmgr - HAL-aware removable volume manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmvolmgr [-chns] DESCRIPTION
The rmvolmgr command is a volume manager that can automatically mount and unmount removable media and hot-pluggable storage. The default mount point is /media. rmvolmgr is one of a number of Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)-aware tools that are shipped with the Solaris operating system. See hald(1M). Multiple instances of rmvolmgr can be run simultaneously. A system instance of rmvolmgr runs by default as a service management facility (SMF) service (see smf(5)). Its fault management resource identifier (FMRI) is: svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr You can run your own instance of rmvolmgr by adding it to the .xinitrc file or a similar session startup script. In such a case, the system rmvolmgr instance will not manage volumes that belong to you, the owner of the startup script. For example, a user logged on to the work- station console (/dev/console) who invokes his own instance of rmvolmgr will own locally connected devices, such as CD-ROM drives and devices connected to the local USB or FireWire ports. In addition to mounting volumes under /media, rmvolmgr also creates legacy symbolic links under /cdrom, /floppy, and /rmdisk. rmvolmgr also provides backwards compatibility with CDE removable media interfaces by maintaining notification files under /tmp/.removable. This functionality can be disabled by using the -c option. The -c and -n options can also be specified as SMF properties. See "Examples." OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Disable CDE compatibility. -h Display help information and exit. -n Do not create legacy mountpoint symbolic links. -s Invoke in system instance mode. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using SMF Properties to Set Options The following svccfg(1M) command and subcommands use SMF properties to set the -c and -n options. example# svccfg svc:> select rmvolmgr svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> listprop rmvolmgr/* rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints boolean true rmvolmgr/cde_compatible boolean true svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/cde_compatible=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> exit example# ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), svccfg(1M), attributes(5), hal(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Nov 2006 rmvolmgr(1M)