Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C shell deciphers someones code & argv Post 302500185 by carbuncle11 on Sunday 27th of February 2011 10:00:10 PM
Old 02-27-2011
Yeah if I didn't have to write in c shell I wouldn't! my boss is requireing it. I don't have much say in the matter. That is how they do all there scripts. Its a wrapper that calls a tcl & perl script. lol..general strangeness.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to display function names (called & defined) in a C++ Source Code

Hello to all, I am looking for a way to display only the names of function (calls & definition) of a C++ source code.There is already a post related to this, but the script is to find the functions using a specific variable, and the replies are not that convincing since they cannot be used for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Programming

tcl-argv with switch & while

I was trying to deciper someone else code. I'm just learning tcl. I was a litte confused about the $argv. I was thinking it would be only a certain value in argv..but if say someone give the switch -cell and -path_to_ezqb is it right to have the second one $argv??? while ($#argv > 0) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carbuncle11
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

argv usage in a korn shell script

I'm trying to count and display the variables on a command line #!/bin/ksh $# argv from command line: tryit2 this is a test returns : tryit2: 4: not found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Implement the '&&' function in a shell

Hello, I'm currently implementing the && function in a shell using C. For example, if we input cmd1 && cmd2, then cmd2 executes only when cmd1 exits successfully. I'm thinking about: int main() { int i; char **args; while(1) { printf("yongfeng's shell:~$ "); args =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yongfeng
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argv not found (script shell)

I don't know whether it is possible that I ask for help concerning a shel sscript that i wrote and which is not working. So here is my shell script: #! /bin/bash if($#argv != 1) then echo "hoge" exit endif set tgtdir = ../../result set target = ${tgtdir}/s${argv}/1 set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaoula.youssef
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Username & password through shell script to java code

Hi, I have a shell script (script.sh) in which we are calling java code which asks for Username: Password: for authentication purpose currently we are passing the credential manually and run the script. but I am trying echo -e "user_id\npassword" | script.sh but its not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)