Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run wineconsole in background Post 302500017 by taurokpo on Saturday 26th of February 2011 09:07:50 AM
Old 02-26-2011
Question

Thanks for pitching in rdcwayx, I tried what you suggested, but it didn't make any change.

wineconsole stills shows up in front, and I have to manually minimize it, or close it after the command in wineconsole executes.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

want to run a function in background

consider the given prg. main() { ..... function1(); /* to write into a file or log */ printf(" "); ..... } when the control reaches function1(), it should get executed in the background.At the same time main's printf(" ") statement should also get executed.i.e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a shell in the background

How can I run a shell in the background? cat test.sh #!/bin/sh sleep 600 Thank u very much indeed! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script at background

Hi all, I have a script like: echo Please input list file name: read listn for file in `cat $listn.txt` do send_file $file done normally, I will run the script like: :. resendfile Please input list filename: list1 #Then, the script will resend all file from the list1. However,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we run ssh2 in background

Hi, I was trying to run ssh2 command in background... but i got follwoing error message saying that process has been stopped.. + Stopped(SIGTTOU) Anyone have any idea about this??? Appreciated your help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

5. Programming

Run external program in background

Hi, in my program i need to run an external program in background.I am aware that there are at least 2 alternatives for this: 1)fork+exec 2)system("program &"); I have read several posts about this,and they all tend to suggest to use fork+exec (and that's what i am doing now). I have some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run in background mode.

Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering in how do i run my script in background then echo it if it's done. Please advise, Thanks, -nik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command in background thru script

Dear All, Writing a script in which I want to run a command in background and keep it running even script is finished. I have tried like below, `truss -p <pid> >> & /tmp/log &` But doesnt work.. script goes running and nothing in log file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Background process one after another

Hii Friends, I am using Perl CGI. I am running A SCP Command via Perl CGI in Background. Like system("scp -r machinename:/PathOfFile/ /Path/WhereToCopyIt/ &) This Copy Process takes some times lets say 15 min. Now I want When This copy process gets complete then send me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts in background one by one

Hello all, Can someone help with one script? I have as example 3 scripts 1.sh sleep 60 & sleep 60 & sleep 10 & sleep 80 & sleep 60 & 2.sh sleep 40 & sleep 5 & sleep 10 & sleep 70 & sleep 60 & 3.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies
USERMOD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							USERMOD(8)

NAME
usermod - Modify a user account SYNOPSIS
usermod [-c comment] [-d home_dir [-m]] [-e expire_date] [-f inactive_time] [-g initial_group] [-G group [,...]] [-l login_name] [-p passwd] [-s shell] [-u uid [-o]] [-L|-U] login DESCRIPTION
The usermod command modifies the system account files to reflect the changes that are specified on the command line. The options which apply to the usermod command are: -c comment The new value of the user's password file comment field. It is normally modified using the chfn(1) utility. -d home_dir The user's new login directory. If the -m option is given the contents of the current home directory will be moved to the new home directory, which is created if it does not already exist. -e expire_date The date on which the user account will be disabled. The date is specified in the format YYYY-MM-DD. -f inactive_days The number of days after a password expires until the account is permanently disabled. A value of 0 disables the account as soon as the password has expired, and a value of -1 disables the feature. The default value is -1. -g initial_group The group name or number of the user's new initial login group. The group name must exist. A group number must refer to an already existing group. The default group number is 1. -G group,[...] A list of supplementary groups which the user is also a member of. Each group is separated from the next by a comma, with no inter- vening whitespace. The groups are subject to the same restrictions as the group given with the -g option. If the user is currently a member of a group which is not listed, the user will be removed from the group -l login_name The name of the user will be changed from login to login_name. Nothing else is changed. In particular, the user's home directory name should probably be changed to reflect the new login name. -p passwd The encrypted password, as returned by crypt(3). -s shell The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. -u uid The numerical value of the user's ID. This value must be unique, unless the -o option is used. The value must be non-negative. Values between 0 and 99 are typically reserved for system accounts. Any files which the user owns and which are located in the directory tree rooted at the user's home directory will have the file user ID changed automatically. Files outside of the user's home directory must be altered manually. -L Lock a user's password. This puts a '!' in front of the encrypted password, effectively disabling the password. You can't use this option with -p or -U. -U Unlock a user's password. This removes the '!' in front of the encrypted password. You can't use this option with -p or -L. CAVEATS
usermod will not allow you to change the name of a user who is logged in. You must make certain that the named user is not executing any processes when this command is being executed if the user's numerical user ID is being changed. You must change the owner of any crontab files manually. You must change the owner of any at jobs manually. You must make any changes involving NIS on the NIS server. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - secure user account information /etc/group - group information SEE ALSO
chfn(1), chsh(1), passwd(1), crypt(3), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), userdel(8) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) USERMOD(8)