Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash -- concatenating values from variables Post 302498894 by ranmanh on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 07:08:57 PM
Old 02-22-2011
Yes, you are totally right there. I was thinking uni-dimensional
many thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Variables

FILE_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M")_ FILE_PREFIX=${FILE_DATE} echo $FILE_PREFIX JS_LOG_DIR="E:\DecisionStream Jobs\Invoice Balance Fact Jobs" echo $JS_LOG_DIR --This is where the problem surfaces. The last line of this script does a rsh to an NT machine and one of the parameters is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating values in a File

Hi All, I have a ',' delimited file and i would like concatenate a new value at a specific column. Example :- xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 xXXX,XYZ,20071005,ABC,DEF,123 The output that i want is xXXX,XYZ,20071005001,ABC,DEF,123... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Different # of Variables

Hi, I'm quite new at unix and was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have 2 arrays: eg. STAT=online, STAT=offline, STAT=online WWN=xxxx1, WWN=xxxx2, WWN=xxxx3 I got these information from a script using fcinfo hba-port that runs through a loop. Now, I want to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_won
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] mapping of values from file line into variables

Hello, I've been struggling with this for some time but can't find a way to do it and I haven't found any other similar thread. I'd like to get the 'fields' in a line from a file into variables in just one command. The file contains data with the next structure:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaler
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating column values with unique id into single row

Hi, I have a table in Db2 with data say id_1 phase1 id_1 phase2 id_1 phase3 id_2 phase1 id_2 phase2 I need to concatenate the values like id_1 phase1,phase2,phase3 id_2 phase1,phase2 I tried recursive query but in vain as the length of string to be concatenated in quite long. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsaravana
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding values concatenating values

I have the following script in a shell # The start of a filename file=$(ls -tr $EMT*.dat | tail -1) # Select the latest file echo $file file_seq=$( < /u02/sct/banner/bandev2/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat) echo $file_seq file2 = '$file_seq + 1' echo $file2 It is reading a file EFTSQL.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Concatenating variables

Hi all, I'm trying to do a very simple script, as you can see as follow: #!/bin/bash #Valorizzazione Token presenti nel file di properties var_path_weblogic="`cat weblogic.properties | grep "dir_wl" | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk '{print $3}'`" var_ip_address="`cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concatenating variables in shell script

Hi folks, I am facing problem when I concat variables with the string. Value for 'JDBC_CLASSES' variable looks malformed (/classes12.zip2.0KAGES) But, my expected result for 'JDBC_CLASSES' is /opt/API-R111/PACKAGES/jdbc/ORACLE9.2.0/classes12.zip Am I missing anything here? My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhil
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Setting default values for variables

I have a variable I want to use in bash script. The user will pass an argument to the script and I will store it in `arg_fql`. If the user does not pass the variable, I still never set arg_fql, but I set another variable to a default. However, if the user passes a value, `arg_fql` will be set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenating two mutiline variables in a bash

Hi All, I am having a situation where am capturing results in two variables from an xml file. However, I am looking to print those two variables with pipe in between them and these variable are multi-line. This is how my 1st variable looks like: 20181225010 20190224010 20190224010... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies
GLGETMAP(3G)															      GLGETMAP(3G)

NAME
glGetMapdv, glGetMapfv, glGetMapiv - return evaluator parameters C SPECIFICATION
void glGetMapdv( GLenum target, GLenum query, GLdouble *v ) void glGetMapfv( GLenum target, GLenum query, GLfloat *v ) void glGetMapiv( GLenum target, GLenum query, GLint *v ) PARAMETERS
target Specifies the symbolic name of a map. Accepted values are GL_MAP1_COLOR_4, GL_MAP1_INDEX, GL_MAP1_NORMAL, GL_MAP1_TEXTURE_COORD_1, GL_MAP1_TEXTURE_COORD_2, GL_MAP1_TEXTURE_COORD_3, GL_MAP1_TEXTURE_COORD_4, GL_MAP1_VERTEX_3, GL_MAP1_VERTEX_4, GL_MAP2_COLOR_4, GL_MAP2_INDEX, GL_MAP2_NORMAL, GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_1, GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_2, GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_3, GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_4, GL_MAP2_VERTEX_3, and GL_MAP2_VERTEX_4. query Specifies which parameter to return. Symbolic names GL_COEFF, GL_ORDER, and GL_DOMAIN are accepted. v Returns the requested data. DESCRIPTION
glMap1 and glMap2 define evaluators. glGetMap returns evaluator parameters. target chooses a map, query selects a specific parameter, and v points to storage where the values will be returned. The acceptable values for the target parameter are described in the glMap1 and glMap2 reference pages. query can assume the following values: GL_COEFF v returns the control points for the evaluator function. One-dimensional evaluators return order control points, and two- dimensional evaluators return uorderxvorder control points. Each control point consists of one, two, three, or four inte- ger, single-precision floating-point, or double-precision floating-point values, depending on the type of the evaluator. The GL returns two-dimensional control points in row-major order, incrementing the uorder index quickly and the vorder index after each row. Integer values, when requested, are computed by rounding the internal floating-point values to the nearest integer values. GL_ORDER v returns the order of the evaluator function. One-dimensional evaluators return a single value, order. The initial value is 1. Two-dimensional evaluators return two values, uorder and vorder. The initial value is 1,1. GL_DOMAIN v returns the linear u and v mapping parameters. One-dimensional evaluators return two values, u1 and u2, as specified by glMap1. Two-dimensional evaluators return four values (u1, u2, v1, and v2) as specified by glMap2. Integer values, when requested, are computed by rounding the internal floating-point values to the nearest integer values. NOTES
If an error is generated, no change is made to the contents of v. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if either target or query is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glGetMap is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. SEE ALSO
glEvalCoord(3G), glMap1(3G), glMap2(3G) GLGETMAP(3G)