Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting processing an input file and then the output file Post 302498767 by rajesh_pola on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 11:36:42 AM
Old 02-22-2011
if 1234.USM is file comin everyday. then you need that like this "mt1234_file_01".
then use cat 1234.USM > $TgtPath/mt1234_file_01.
just save that file in one directory like mt1234_file_01.
after file creation completed then take the last file and store that last two numbers into one variable. after that increment +1 to that and save the next file.

if you use date then files should not overwrite.

regards
rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to convert input file(s) to output file

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me with some scripting I need to complete using AWK. I'm trying to process multiple fixed files to generate one concatenated fixed file in a standard format. The Input file is:- aaaa bbbbb ccccc 1 xxxx aaa bbb aaaa bbbbb ccccc 2 abcd aaa CCC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Processing user input in .sh file

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. script should accept the user value and then compare that value with the null. If null then assign the value "*" to the variable else will use the user inputed value. How to do this ? With Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

12. If an ‘88’ Record with BAI Code ‘902’ was found on input file and not written to Output file, re

This is my input file like this 03,105581,,015,+00000416418,,,901,+00000000148,,,922,+00000000354,,/ 49,+00000000000416920,00002/ 03,5313236,,015,+00231036992,,,045,+00231036992,,,901,+00000048428,,/ 88,100,+0000000000000,0000000,,400,+0000000000000,0000000,/ 88,902,+0000000079077,,/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoud
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive file processing from a path and printing output in a file

Hi All, The script below read the path and searches for the directories/subdirectories and for the files. If files are found in the sub directories then read the content of the all files and put the content in csv(comma delimted) format and the call the write to xml function to write the std... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loop to Convert a list from an input file and output it to another file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A) Write a script, which will take input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade to Fahrenheit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AliTheSnake
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Rename output file, after processing, same as input file

I have one input file ABC.txt and one output DEF.txt. After the ABC is processed and created output, I want to rename ABC.txt to ABC.orig and DEF to ABC.txt. Currently when I am doing this, it does not process the input file as it cannot read and write to the same file. How can I achieve this? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat output if input file is empty, but not if file has data in it

The below awk improved bu @MadeInGermany, works great as long as the input file has data in it in the below format: input chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 631 18 chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 632 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
GMT_SHELL_FUNCTIONS.SH(1gmt)				       Generic Mapping Tools				      GMT_SHELL_FUNCTIONS.SH(1gmt)

NAME
gmt_shell_functions.sh - Practical functions to be used in GMT bourne shell scripts SYNOPSIS
gmt_init_tmpdir gmt_remove_tmpdir gmt_clean_up [prefix] gmt_message message gmt_abort message gmt_nrecords file(s) gmt_nfields string gmt_get_field string gmt_get_region file(s) [options] gmt_get_gridregion file [options] gmt_get_map_width -R -J gmt_get_map_height -R -J gmt_set_psfile file gmt_set_framename prefix framenumber gmt_set_framenext framenumber DESCRIPTION
gmt_shell_functions.sh provides a set of functions to Bourne (again) shell scripts in support of GMT. The calling shell script should include the following line, before the functions can be used: . gmt_shell_functions.sh Once included in a shell script, gmt_shell_functions.sh allows GMT users to do some scripting more easily than otherwise. The functions made available are: gmt_init_tmpdir Creates a temporary directory in /tmp or (when defined) in the directory specified by the environment variable TMPDIR. The name of the temporary directory is returned as environment variable GMT_TMPDIR. This function also causes GMT to run in `isolation mode', i.e. all temporary files will be created in GMT_TMPDIR and the .gmtdefaults file will not be adjusted. gmt_remove_tmpdir Removes the temporary directory and unsets the GMT_TMPDIR environment variable. gmt_cleanup Remove all files and directories in which the current process number is part of the file name. If the optional prefix is given then we also delete all files and directories that begins with the given prefix. gmt_message Send a message to standard error. gmt_abort Send a message to standard error and exit the shell. gmt_nrecords Returns the total number of lines in file(s) gmt_nfields Returns the number of fields or words in string gmt_get_field Returns the given field in a string. Must pass string between double quotes to preserve it as one item. gmt_get_region Returns the region in the form w/e/s/n based on the data in table file(s). Optionally add -Idx/dy to round off the answer. gmt_get_gridregion Returns the region in the form w/e/s/n based on the header of a grid file. Optionally add -Idx/dy to round off the answer. gmt_map_width Expects the user to give the desired -R -J settings and returns the map width in the current measurement unit. gmt_map_height Expects the user to give the desired -R -J settings and returns the map height in the current measurement unit. gmt_set_psfile Create the output PostScript file name based on the base name of a given file (usually the script name $0). gmt_set_framename Returns a lexically ordered filename stem (i.e., no extension) given the file prefix and the current frame number, using a width of 6 for the integer including leading zeros. Useful when creating animations and lexically sorted filenames are required. gmt_set_framenext Accepts the current frame integer counter and returns the next integer counter. NOTES
1. These functions only work in the bourne shell (sh) and their derivatives (like ash, bash, ksh and zsh). These functions do not work in the C shell (csh) or their derivatives (like tcsh), and cannot be used in DOS batch scripts either. 2. gmt_shell_functions.sh were first introduced in GMT version 4.2.2 and have since been regularly expanded with other practical scripting short-cuts. If you want to suggest other functions, please do so by mailing to the GMT mailing list: gmt-help@lists.hawaii.edu. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), sh(1), bash(1), minmax(1), grdinfo(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMT_SHELL_FUNCTIONS.SH(1gmt)