Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace last row of a column in bash/awk/sed Post 302497500 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of February 2011 11:22:29 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Code:
sed '$s/[0-9][0-9]*$/0/' myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed column replace using column header - help

$ cat log.txt Name Age Sex Lcation nfld alias xsd CC 25 M XYZ asx KK Y BB 21 F XAS awe SS N SD 21 M AQW rty SD A How can I replace the column with header "Lcation" with the column with header "alias" and delete the "alias" column? so that the final output will become: Name Age Sex... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a text from a specific row into a specific column using SED or AWK

Hi, I am having trouble converting a text file. I have been working for this whole day now, still i couldn't make it. Here is how the text file looks: _______________________________________________________ DEVICE STATUS INFORMATION FOR LOCATION 1: OPER STATES: Disabled E:Enabled ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Issemael
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace duplicate column values in a row

I have file which as 12 columns and values like this 1,2,3,4,5 a,b,c,d,e b,c,a,e,f a,b,e,a,h if you see the first column has duplicate values, I need to identify (print it to console) the duplicate value (which is 'a') and also remove duplicate values like below. I could be in two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a column that has '' to NULL in a comma delimited using awk or sed

Hi this is my first time posting ever. I'm relatively new in using AWK/SED, I've been trying many a solution. I'm trying to replace the 59th column in a file where if I encounter '' then I would like to replace it with the word NULL. example 0 , '' , '' , 0 , 195.538462 change it to 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gumal901
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed to search & replace data in first column

Hi All, I need help in manipulating the data in first column in a file. The sample data looks like below, Mon Jul 18 00:32:52 EDT 2011,NULL,UAT Jul 19 2011,NULL,UAT 1] All field in the file are separated by "," 2] File is having weekly data extracted from database 3] For eg.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace First Column and First Row Data

HI Guys, I just want to replace data for First Column and Row Cell(1,1) Input :- Hello A B C X 1 2 3 Y 4 5 6 Z 7 8 9 Output:- Byee A B C X 1 2 3 Y 4 5 6 Z 7 8 9 From Hello to Byee .....And The Each file have Different String. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - delete from csv all the row if the first column is length >

Hi guys, i have a csv file like: USERID;COG;DESCR;FIL;OFF user001;user;test1;001;A01 user002;user;test2;002;A02 user0003;user;test3;003;A03 user004;user;test4;004;A04 user0005;user;test5;005;A05 etc.. I need to read line for line and, if value of first column is > 7 char (in this example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
4 Replies
XSLT_SET_SCHEME_HANDLERS(3)						 1					       XSLT_SET_SCHEME_HANDLERS(3)

xslt_set_scheme_handlers - Set the scheme handlers for theXSLTprocessor

SYNOPSIS
void xslt_set_scheme_handlers (resource $xh, array $handlers) DESCRIPTION
Registers the scheme handlers (XPath handlers) for the document. PARAMETERS
o $ xh -The XSLT processor link identifier, created with xslt_create(3). o $handlers - An array with the following keys: "get_all", "open", "get", "put", and "close". Every entry must be a function name or an array in the following format: array($obj, "method"). Note that the given array does not need to contain all of the different scheme handler elements (although it can), but it only needs to conform to the "handler" => "function" format described above. Each of the individual scheme handler functions called are in the formats below: string get_all(resource processor, string scheme, string rest) resource open(resource processor, string scheme, string rest) int get(resource processor, resource fp, string &data) int put(resource processor, resource fp, string data) void close(resource processor, resource fp) RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 xslt_set_scheme_handlers(3) example For example, here is an implementation of the "file_exists()" PHP function. <?php // Definition of the handler function mySchemeHandler($processor, $scheme, $rest) { $rest = substr($rest,1); // to remove the first / automatically added by the engine if ($scheme == 'file_exists') { // result is embedded in a small xml string return '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><root>' . (file_exists($rest) ? 'true' : 'false') . '</root>'; } } $SchemeHandlerArray = array('get_all' => 'mySchemeHandler'); // Start the engine $params = array(); $xh = xslt_create(); xslt_set_scheme_handlers($xh, $SchemeHandlerArray); $result = xslt_process($xh, "myFile.xml", "myFile.xsl", NULL, array(), $params); xslt_free($xh); echo $result; ?> Then, inside the stylesheet, you can test whether a certain file exists with: <xsl:if test="document('file_exists:anotherXMLfile.xml')/root='true'"> <!-- The file exist --> </xsl:if> SEE ALSO
xslt_set_scheme_handler(3). PHP Documentation Group XSLT_SET_SCHEME_HANDLERS(3)