Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming help with struct command in C Post 302496017 by omega666 on Friday 11th of February 2011 09:00:09 PM
Old 02-11-2011
help with struct command in C

in C i am using this code to get the c time or a time or m time

Code:
    struct dirent *dir;
    struct stat my;
     stat(what, &my);
     thetime = my.st_ctime;

How can i check if i have permission to check the c time of the file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Struct Initialization

Hi We are using a code generator for initializing structures with the #define macro. Compiling it with the GCC 2.8.1 (with -ansi) it OK. But when we are using the SUN C 5.0 compiler it screams. Following is a code sample: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct TEST3 {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
4 Replies

2. Programming

save a struct

hi all , can i save a structure in c in a file? how ? help me , thx. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kall_ANSI
2 Replies

3. Programming

struct tm problem

I receive an integer as argument for a function. within function definition i want it to be of type struct tm. eg.. main() { int a; ...... } function(...,..,a,..) int a; { struct tm tm; if(!a) ^ time(&a); ^ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

4. Programming

Struct Array

in my .c file i have a struct atop of the program defined as follows: #define MAX 10 int curtab; static struct tab { int count; int use; } tab; with the initial function following it like so: int tab_create(int init_count) { int i; for(i=0; i < MAX; i++) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: micmac700
1 Replies

5. Linux

GCOV : struct bb

Hi, I am working on gcov.Meaning, analysing the functionality of gcov. There is one structure called "struct bb". I am not sure, how struct bb members are getting assigned values. If anyone knows how it is happening pls let me know. Thanks in advance. --Vichu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vichu
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a struct within a struct?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Just a thought that entered my mind when learning about structs. First thought was: struct one { struct two; } struct two { three; } one->two->three would this be how you would access "three"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbelievable21
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

struct winsize

what is struct winsize used for? i tried looking it up, but no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting from c struct to function

Hey Guys, I need your help where I have a C structure and I want it to be converted into corresponding function. Example: typedef struct { unsigned long LineNum; //1025-4032 unsigned short KeyNum; /*tbd*/ char Key; /*between 1-3*/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyos
1 Replies

9. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

10. Programming

Get struct definition

I have many headers with huge amount of structures in them, typical one looks like this: $ cat a.h struct Rec1 { int f1; int f2; }; struct Rec2 { char r1; char r2; }; struct Rec3 { int f1; float k1; float ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
6 Replies
STAT(2) 							System Calls Manual							   STAT(2)

NAME
stat, fstat - get file status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> stat(name, buf) char *name; struct stat *buf; fstat(fildes, buf) struct stat *buf; DESCRIPTION
Stat obtains detailed information about a named file. Fstat obtains the same information about an open file known by the file descriptor from a successful open, creat, dup or pipe(2) call. Name points to a null-terminated string naming a file; buf is the address of a buffer into which information is placed concerning the file. It is unnecessary to have any permissions at all with respect to the file, but all directories leading to the file must be searchable. The layout of the structure pointed to by buf as defined in <stat.h> is given below. St_mode is encoded according to the `#define' statements. The mode bits 0000070 and 0000007 encode group and others permissions (see chmod(2)). The defined types, ino_t, off_t, time_t, name vari- ous width integer values; dev_t encodes major and minor device numbers; their exact definitions are in the include file <sys/types.h> (see types(5). When fildes is associated with a pipe, fstat reports an ordinary file with restricted permissions. The size is the number of bytes queued in the pipe. st_atime is the file was last read. For reasons of efficiency, it is not set when a directory is searched, although this would be more logical. st_mtime is the time the file was last written or created. It is not set by changes of owner, group, link count, or mode. st_ctime is set both both by writing and changing the i-node. SEE ALSO
ls(1), filsys(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Zero is returned if a status is available; -1 if the file cannot be found. ASSEMBLER
(stat = 18.) sys stat; name; buf (fstat = 28.) (file descriptor in r0) sys fstat; buf STAT(2)