Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virus and Malware
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Virus and Malware Post 302495226 by Suriano10 on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 05:07:37 PM
Old 02-09-2011
Virus and Malware

How do i manage virus and melware in Unix ?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Virus/Malware Uptake Rates

Hi. I'm trying to get information about the rates at which viruses and malware infect computers. Let's say that Mr. Dastardly Developer discovers an exploitable flaw, writes a virus to take advantage of it, and releases the virus. Assuming that a large-scale attack method is chosen (Facebook,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help to remove malware

hello I hope you have a good day, no question is because a few days ago I did a malware scan to my debian and showed me that I have malware, and searched and not found how I can eliminate it, would be useful if someone knows how to You can delete or uninstall, thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asoh65
2 Replies
AMAVISD-NEW(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    AMAVISD-NEW(8)

NAME
amavisd-new - Interface between MTA and virus scanner/content filters SYNOPSIS
amavisd-new [ -u userid ] [ -g groupid ] [ -c config-file ]... [ start | stop | reload | debug | debug-sa | foreground ] DESCRIPTION
amavisd is a high-performance interface between message transfer agent (MTA) and virus scanners and/or spam scanners. This is the amavisd-new incarnation of amavisd. It is a performance-enhanced and feature-enriched version of the original amavisd program. Amavisd-new works as a SMTP proxy. Email is fed to it through SMTP, processed, and fed back to the MTA through a new SMTP connection. There is no buffering to disk by amavis, it will report that the transfer was sucessfull only after the forwarding MTA has accepted the message. It is possible to use the sendmail milter interface instead of the SMTP proxy method, as well. OPTIONS
-c configfile Use the specified configuration file instead of using run-parts(8) to find config files in /usr/share/amavis/conf.d and /etc/amavis/conf.d (this is a Debian extension to Amavisd-new). More than one -c option can be specified and the files will be read in the order given. -u userid Try to switch to that user id. -g groupid Try to switch to that group id. start Starts amavisd-new stop Stops a running amavisd-new reload Reloads configuration from config file (may in fact just restart amavisd-new) debug Runs amavisd-new in debug mode debug-sa Runs amavisd-new in spamassassin debug mode foreground Does not fork to background FILES
/etc/amavis/amavisd.conf, /var/lib/amavis, /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/* AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2003-01-01 AMAVISD-NEW(8)