Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retrieve RAM memory size from "top" command output Post 302494416 by Franklin52 on Monday 7th of February 2011 08:42:05 AM
Old 02-07-2011
Post the output of your top command and the desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for "Resident memory Size"

Hi Everyone.- Coul you tell me how to obtain the "Resident memory size" for any program runs on Dec TRU64 machine. What is the command in order to obtaing this value?? Best Regards Cristobal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cristobal Perez
1 Replies

2. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

3. Fedora

Piping output of "top" to a text file

I would like to pipe "top -n" to a text file, but I get an error: top: cannot open /dev/kmem kvm_open: Permission denied I am a non-root user. If I could find a way to get this type of output: "Memory: 2048M real, 1516M free, 4099M swap free" into a text file, I could further automate... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: safraser
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
MKDEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDEP(1)

NAME
mkdep -- construct Makefile dependency list SYNOPSIS
mkdep [-aDdopq] [-f file] [-s suffixes] -- [flags] file ... DESCRIPTION
mkdep takes a set of flags for the C compiler and a list of C source files as arguments and constructs a set of include file dependencies which are written into the file ``.depend''. An example of its use in a Makefile might be: CFLAGS= -O -I../include SRCS= file1.c file2.c depend: mkdep -- ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} where the macro SRCS is the list of C source files and the macro CFLAGS is the list of flags for the C compiler. The options are as follows: -a Append to the output file, so that multiple mkdep's may be run from a single Makefile. -D Post process (as -d) but read the list of filenames from stdin. -d Post process and merge previously created (for example by ``cc -MD x.c'') depend files into a single file. -f Write the include file dependencies to file, instead of the default ``.depend''. -o Add an additional .OPTIONAL line for each dependent file. -p Cause mkdep to produce dependencies of the form: program: program.c so that subsequent makes will produce program directly from its C module rather than using an intermediate .o module. This is useful for programs whose source is contained in a single module. -p is equivalent to specifying a null suffix with -s. -q Do not print a warning for inaccessible files when -d is given. -s Expand each target filename to a list, replacing the '.o' suffix with each element of suffixes. The list of suffixes may be space or comma separated. FILES
.depend File containing list of dependencies. SEE ALSO
cc(1), cpp(1), make(1) HISTORY
The mkdep command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. BUGS
Some characters special to make(1), most notably the comment character, are not escaped correctly if they appear in file names. This can lead to unparseable output or silently cause dependencies to be lost. BSD
October 15, 2010 BSD