Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nawk getline
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk getline Post 302494017 by yinyuemi on Friday 4th of February 2011 01:33:53 PM
Old 02-04-2011
can this code help you?
Code:
 awk '/lineA=aaa/{p=-1}{p++}p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getline with a unique

I have an inputfile that I trying to awk with a getline(Solaris v8 ksh). However I need to have the results be a unique. Is there a comparable command within awk to return a unique result? Or can you break out of the awk to add a uniq. I am looking for something more complex then a pipe... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

utility of getline here?

hi , I got a script that I don't understand. awk '{ command="echo "$1 command | getline echome close(command) print $0 "\t" echome }' < user.list It reads the file user.list user.list London John Bridge Peter and sends the stream to the awk command. I don't understand what is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remid1985
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline help maybe?

hello collegues, I am attempting to use awk to search file1 (serverlist.csv) from each row with file2 (supported.txt). If the is no entry exists in serverlist then output to a file called notsupp.out if there is an entry output to supp.out I can do this with basic shell scripting however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK getline function

Hi, I am using a Solaris OS here. My intention is to print the 2nd field if the first field matches "APPLE=". I am using the "getline" function here (shown below), but it doesn;t work. Can any experts give me some advice? Input: ORANGE= 10 APPLE= 20 MANGO= 30 GRAPES= 40 Output: 20 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting - two nawk into one nawk

hi people; this is my two awk code: nawk '/cell+-/{r=(NF==8) ? $4FS$5FS$6 : NF==7 ? $4FS$5 : $4 ;c=split(r,rr);for (i=1;i<=c;i++){if(rr != "111111"){printf($3" %d ""\n",(i+3))}}printf("")}' /home/gc_sw/str.txt > /home/gc_sw/predwn.txt nawk -F'*' '{gsub(/ *$/,"")}$0=$1$($NF-2)'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

7. Programming

getline()

I can not get 'getline()' to compile. I have tried. string curLine; //= compiler error char* curLine; //=compiler error char curLine; //=compiler error Every example I see uses a string as a getline(); parameter. It does not work for me on Fedora14 with gcc-c++. Thank you so much. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getline from another file

Here is I want to do: find lines in file filteredtrace.txt which is not continued as a multiply of 4 and strip them from file original_trace_framno. problem is awk used the ' symbol so pipe of getline has to use the " symbol while agument of sed has to use the " symbol, it doesn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzq420241
8 Replies

9. Programming

getline() and fclose()

Hi All, When I do man getline on my Linux system (in BASH), I see an example C code where a file is being read using getline() function. Now, my question is why there is no fclose() to close the open file pointer? People who don't have a Linux system, this is the code that I am referring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies