Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check if file finished to copy Post 302491825 by gigagigosu on Friday 28th of January 2011 11:37:59 AM
Old 01-28-2011
check if file finished to copy

Hi all,

I have a script that is monitoring a hot folder. This script works fine with one exception when the script is executed while a file is being copied to the hot folder.

What is the easiest method to check if the copy file is completed? I'd like to get the solution in bash Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I tell when an SFTP has finished copying a file?

If I download a file via SFTP how can I tell when the process is completed? Is there a process that I can monitor? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files to Dir and Check If File Exists

Hi everyone. I am trying to write a bash script that will copy files from one directory to another but I need to be able to check the directory that I'm copying the files to and see if the file already exists. If it does I need to add a number at the end of the copied file. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to copy files and check

Hi all, I need a script in ksh: 1: Copy files from directory (A) to directory (B) 2: Check if files that will be copied in directory (A) have never been yet copied to (B) 3: Never copy the last created file of directory (A) This script will run on crontab. Thanks in advance for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Camaro
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if some file is in copy process, then transfer it

my user copy large files, and it's take 10min for file to be copied to the server (/tmp/user/ files/), if in the meantime start my scheduled script, then it will copy a part of some file to server1 my idea is to check the file size twice in a short period (1-2 seconds) of time, then compare, if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to check the copy % from following output

I have a scenario where I need to wait for the copy to be 100% in the following output There can be multiple devices in the copy session so I need to wait till everything becomes 100%, also we can look for the protected tracks t0 become 0 opey # symclone -sid 822 -v -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s)

All, I have to write a script to do the following requirement. There is a file called BUSINESS_DATE.TXT. This file get updated once the oracle partition created. In Oracle, Partition will be created every day. There is a seperate script scheduled to take care ORACLE partition creation. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_mrkg
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which will check the target file and folder exists and copy it

Hi All, I am a beginner in this and trying to write a shell script in linux which will : 1. Ask for a file name and check if its exists. 2. If file exists only then it will ask for the new target folder, after entering target folder name it will check if it exists. 3. If target folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print 1 file then when finished another file prints beside it?

I have 2 big files over 4Gbs each. I'm looking for a way to print 1 file, then when that file finish printing another file proceeds to print beside it and merge the lines together. How would to cmd or code this? from itertools import izip_longest with open("file1") as textfile1,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
14 Replies
RMM(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMM(1)

NAME
rmm - remove messages SYNOPSIS
rmm [+folder] [msgs] [-unlink | -nounlink] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
By default, rmm will remove the specified messages by renaming each of the message files with a site-dependent prefix (usually a comma). Such files will then need to be removed in some manner after a certain amount of time. Many sites arrange for cron to remove these files once a day, so check with your system administrator. Alternately, if you wish for rmm to really remove the files representing these messages, you can use the -unlink switch. But messages removed by this method cannot be later recovered. If you prefer a more sophisticated method of `removing' messages, you can define the rmmproc profile component. For example, you can add a profile component such as rmmproc: /home/foouser/bin/rmm_msgs then instead of simply renaming the message file, rmm will call the named program or script to handle the files that represent the messages to be deleted. Some users of csh prefer the following: alias rmm 'refile +d' where folder `+d' is a folder for deleted messages, and alias mexp 'rm `mhpath +d all`' is used to "expunge" deleted messages. The current message is not changed by rmm, so a next will advance to the next message in the folder as expected. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message SEE ALSO
refile(1), rmf(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to cur `-nounlink' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. BUGS
Since refile uses your rmmproc to delete the message, the rmmproc must NOT call refile without specifying -normmproc, or you will create an infinte loop. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMM(1)