Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS "nobody:nobody" problems
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS "nobody:nobody" problems Post 302491395 by holycow02 on Thursday 27th of January 2011 10:16:12 AM
Old 01-27-2011
the share command outputs:

/export/home/MQHA rw " "

the /etc/dfs/dfstab has:

share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/MQHA

the folder MQHA in /export/home has 775 permissions and mqm:mqm

The folder on the client side, /MQHA, has 775 permissions and is also owned by mqm:mqm

Thanks for the help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes

we're seeing very strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes on one of our suse servers - can anyone please help? we're seeing it for both our NetApp NAS Device and one of our Solaris NFS servers too Here is what we're seeing: stg-backup:~ # cd /rmt/sge stg-backup:/rmt/sge... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

6. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
mountd(1M)																mountd(1M)

NAME
mountd - server for NFS mount requests and NFS access checks SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/mountd [-v] [-r] mountd is an RPC server that answers requests for NFS access information and file system mount requests. It reads the file /etc/dfs/sharetab to determine which file systems are available for mounting by which remote machines. See sharetab(4). nfsd running on the local server will contact mountd the first time an NFS client tries to access the file system to determine whether the client should get read-write, read-only, or no access. This access can be dependent on the security mode used in the remoted procedure call from the client. See share_nfs(1M). The command also provides information as to what file systems are mounted by which clients. This information can be printed using the show- mount(1M) command. The mountd daemon is automatically invoked by share(1M). Only super user can run the mountd daemon. The options shown below are supported for NVSv2/v3 clients. They are not supported for Solaris NFSv4 clients. -r Reject mount requests from clients. Clients that have file systems mounted will not be affected. -v Run the command in verbose mode. Each time mountd determines what access a client should get, it will log the result to the con- sole, as well as how it got that result. /etc/dfs/sharetab shared file system table See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ nfsd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), showmount(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), attributes(5) Since mountd must be running for nfsd to function properly, mountd is automatically started by the svc:/network/nfs/server service. See nfs(4). Some routines that compare hostnames use case-sensitive string comparisons; some do not. If an incoming request fails, verify that the case of the hostname in the file to be parsed matches the case of the hostname called for, and attempt the request again. 27 Apr 2005 mountd(1M)