Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help translate code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help translate code Post 302491170 by jokerper on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 09:11:06 PM
Old 01-26-2011
I will give it a try!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help translate this snippet?

Hello all - This snippet from a script runs on a Tru64 machine (ksh). if ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep then echo "Killing Thing1 desktop session" kill -9 'ps -ef | grep thing1 | grep dtsession | grep -v grep | awk '{FS = " "}{print $2}'' fi I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate rc to string

Hi Maybe you can suggest a nicer way to do the following: RET_STR=$(echo ${RET} | sed -e 's/0/Object is not mapped/' \ -e 's/1/Operation Internal Error/' \ -e 's/2/Operation Invalid Arguments/' \ -e 's/3/Object is mapped/' \ -e 's/4/Path not found/') (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynir
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate to normal english

lnode * head = temp; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replcement/translate of ' to ''

Hi i have a variable whose value contains '(single quote) i want to replace single quote with two single quotes ex- i want to replace abc's second center with abc''s second center. Plz help me. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmrout007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translate timestamp

my file creation timestamp looks like this: Nov 4 15:44:34 EST 2009 i need to translate into 091104 my way is to awk on $1, $2, $5, but i don't know how to tranlate Nov to 11 ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ---------- i resolved my post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate ksh code to csh code

hi all, Can any 1 help me translate this korn shell code to C shell code : email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'}) In config_2.txt the content is : which mean in korn shell , $1=groupname and $2=email address. Now i need to write in C shell script,when i set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate this string

Hi, I'm using code below to assign title for Putty Window to show user@hostname+curr directory. Trying to read this "write only" language, can anybody help me to go thru this string, too many thing in it I can't expaing Tx T export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME}:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trento17
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate from english to french

Hi, I wrote a script to convert a given word from English to French. But I am not able to figure out what I am missing here. I am not able to get the translated word Below is my script: French=/root/dict/entofr.txt for i in $* do word="echo $word $i" done while: do cat <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinky7630
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tr--translate is throwing an error

Dear all, I would like to count the no;of word "INFORMATION" in a file called alt.lst and output to a unix variable INFORMATION.so to do this I wrote the below code INFORMATION=echo 'INFORMATION' | tr -cs 'A-Za-z' '\n' < /app/tisq005/01/home/tisq005b/scripts/alt.lst | grep -c "INFORMATION"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate grep to awk

sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -vc memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -v memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep -c memory sed -n "2,10p" lfile | egrep error | egrep memory above are four separate commands. i want to combine the grep in each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
plot(4B)					   SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package File Formats 					  plot(4B)

NAME
plot - graphics interface DESCRIPTION
Files of this format are interpreted for various devices by commands described in plot(1B). A graphics file is a stream of plotting instructions. Each instruction consists of an ASCII letter usually followed by bytes of binary information. The instructions are executed in order. A point is designated by four bytes representing the x and y values; each value is a signed integer. The last designated point in an l, m, n, or p instruction becomes the ``current point'' for the next instruction. m Move: the next four bytes give a new current point. n Cont: draw a line from the current point to the point given by the next four bytes. See plot(1B). p Point: plot the point given by the next four bytes. l Line: draw a line from the point given by the next four bytes to the point given by the following four bytes. t Label: place the following ASCII string so that its first character falls on the current point. The string is terminated by a NEW- LINE. a Arc: the first four bytes give the center, the next four give the starting point, and the last four give the end point of a circular arc. The least significant coordinate of the end point is used only to determine the quadrant. The arc is drawn counter-clockwise. c Circle: the first four bytes give the center of the circle, the next two the radius. e Erase: start another frame of output. f Linemod: take the following string, up to a NEWLINE, as the style for drawing further lines. The styles are ``dotted,'' ``solid,'' ``longdashed,'' ``shortdashed,'' and ``dotdashed.'' Effective only in plot 4014 and plot ver. s Space: the next four bytes give the lower left corner of the plotting area; the following four give the upper right corner. The plot will be magnified or reduced to fit the device as closely as possible. Space settings that exactly fill the plotting area with unity scaling appear below for devices supported by the filters of plot(1B). The upper limit is just outside the plotting area. In every case the plotting area is taken to be square; points outside may be displayable on devices whose face is not square. 4014 space(0, 0, 3120, 3120); ver space(0, 0, 2048, 2048); 300, 300s space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); 450 space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); SEE ALSO
graph(1), plot(1B) SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2003 plot(4B)