Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with cp and mv in script Post 302489715 by kshji on Friday 21st of January 2011 11:16:23 AM
Old 01-21-2011
No need to use ls. Filename generation works always in command line, not only with ls.
You can use grep exit status, no need to count output lines
Code:
cd /wfmtransfer/import/agents/changed
for i in *.xml
do
  [something] --this will create a .OUT file
  if grep Failure $i.OUT >/dev/null 2>&1
  then
    mv $i.OUT /wfmtransfer/imports/agents/Failure
    cp $i /wfmtransfer/imports/agents/Failure/originals
    cp $i /wfmtransfer/imports/agents/original_file
  else
    mv $i.OUT /wfmtransfer/imports/agents/Success
    cp $i /wfmtransfer/imports/agents/original_file
  fi
done

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
SFOOD-IMPORTS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  SFOOD-IMPORTS(1)

NAME
sfood-imports - parse Python files and output a unified list of imported symbols SYNOPSIS
sfood-imports [options] files... DESCRIPTION
The imported modules/symbols are output even if they cannot be found. (You could try to do this with grep, but this is more accurate because it uses the AST to obtain the list of imports.) OPTIONS
-h, --help show the help message and exit -I IGNORES, --ignore=IGNORES Add the given directory name to the list to be ignored. -u, --unified Just output the unique set of dependencies found, in no particular order, without the filenames. The default is to output all imports, in order of appearance, along with the filename and line number. -v, --verbose Output input lines as well. SEE ALSO
sfood(1), sfood-checker(1), sfood-cluster(1), sfood-copy(1), sfood-flatten(1), sfood-graph(1). AUTHOR
sfood-graph was written by Martin Blais <blais@furius.ca> and it's part of snakefood suite. This manual page was written by Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). January 2, 2009 SFOOD-IMPORTS(1)