Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script Post 302488472 by sanjeevcseng on Monday 17th of January 2011 09:51:27 AM
Old 01-17-2011
Hi Bratus,

Your command is working but I get WEBSERVICE name as input and when i use a variable in your command it doesnot work.

I am trying to use

perl -i -lp0e 's/(?<=name="$CLASS_NAME")(.*?)DEBUG/$1INFO/s' log4j.xml

where CLASS_NAME has the input class name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change values in XML using Python? noob help pls!

Hello I am a noob in XML and Python. I am trying to do this for my MSc project about a network simulation and need some help.... I want to change the values shown below: <num_crash_failures>1</num_crash_failures> −<crash_failure_entry> <freeze_at_slot>0</freeze_at_slot>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change XML file structure script

Hi to all, Maybe someone could help me. I want to transform the structure of a xml file. I have this input.xml: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <votings> <file name="Reference 19762"> <case id="No. 3 Div. 870"> <j v="1">Peter</j> <j v="1">Ely</j> <j... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading xml tags from ksh script

Hi, I have an XMl file, below is sample: <TRANSFORMATION DESCRIPTION ="Created by:- " NAME ="LKP_FT_T_FILEK" OBJECTVERSION ="1" REUSABLE ="YES" TYPE ="Lookup Procedure" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> </TRANSFORMATION> I need to read the tag, and if the tag is TRANSORMATION, i want to check the Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to populate (2) values in .XML

Good Afternoon Team - I"m asking for assistance on a piece of code to populate two values in an XML file. I have it working perfectly using CScript for DOS, but I have a need to do that same process in a Linux environment. Here is the XML I need to modify: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from xml file script

Hi, please help on this. I want extract values of xml file structure and print in determined way. <ProjectName> --> only appears once <StructList> --> is the top node <Struct> node --> could be more than 1 NameID, STX, STY, PRX, PRY --> appears only 1 time within each <Struct> node... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
on(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             on(1)

NAME
on - execute a command on a remote system with the local environment SYNOPSIS
on [-i] [-d] [-n] host command [argument] ... DESCRIPTION
The on program is used to execute commands on another system, in an environment similar to that invoking the program. All environment vari- ables are passed and the current working directory is preserved. To preserve the working directory, the working file system must be either already mounted on the host or be exported to it. Relative path names will only work if they are within the current file system. Absolute path names may cause problems. The standard input is connected to the standard input of the remote command. The standard output and the standard error from the remote command are sent to the corresponding files for the on command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Debug mode. Prints out some messages as work is being done. -i Interactive mode. Uses remote echoing and special character processing. This option is needed for programs that expect to be talk- ing to a terminal. All terminal modes and window size changes are propagated. -n No Input. This option causes the remote program to get EOF when it reads from the standard input, instead of passing the standard input from the standard input of the on program. For example, -n is necessary when running commands in the background with job control. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chkey(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
unknown host Host name not found. cannot connect to server Host down or not running the server. can't find Problem finding the working directory. can't locate mount point Problem finding current file system. RPC: Authentication error The server requires DES authentication and you do not have a secret key registered with keyserv. Perhaps you logged in without a pass- word. Try to keylogin. If that fails, try to set your publickey with chkey. on server: RPC: can't encode arguments The 10240 byte limit for arguments to be encoded and passed from the sending to the receiving system has been exceeded. Other diagnostic messages may be passed back from the server. BUGS
When the working directory is remote mounted over NFS, a Control-Z hangs the window. Root cannot use on. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 on(1)