Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stty issues
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users stty issues Post 302487817 by grep_me on Thursday 13th of January 2011 04:52:20 PM
Old 01-13-2011
Methyl....it was a copy paste issue. I pasted some c**p which was in my clipboard at the time. Sorry for the inconvienence of scrolling all the way down to read the issue..!!

Last edited by grep_me; 01-18-2011 at 07:57 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty (urgent)

Hello all, In the .profile of my account on Tru64 UNIX,there is a command stty dec In the man pages,it is specified that dec sets all modes suitable for terminals supplied by Digital Equipment Corporation. I am porting a software from Compaq to HP platform.so i want to use the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty: : Not a typewriter

stty: : Not a typewriter the above error comes after i execute the script below o hpux B.11.00 #!/usr/bin/ksh /bin/su - <oraid> -c "svrmgrl" << EOF connect internal startup exit EOF echo "# End "`date +%D" "%T` >> time.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty

I am trying to set my backspace key as the erase key right now I have to type CONTROL-H to delete. Can you please tell me the command to set my backspace as the erase key...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frank
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty errors

Hi folks, I run a script in rsh on HP-UX v2 (B.11.23 U 9000/800) and each time I have "su - user" in my program I'm getting the following output on the screen: stty: : Unknown error process not attached to terminal Usage: who r run level b boot time t time changes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty erase r

after hitting this command...on pressing r acts as a backspace character.... how to disable this function (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: : Not a typewriter -- Help please

Hi All, I have been runing the same set of program using the same auto profile for an year. Now when i run the same set of process , i getting the below error Not a terminal stty: : Not a typewriter stty: : Not a typewriter ksh: jil: not found ksh: sendevent: not found logout... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Using stty

Hello, I am trying to configure a serial port, for mac os x 10.6. I believe I can use the stty command to look at serial port configuration and or change the serial port settings. I read the man page, but I don't really know what I am doing. Any help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : I/O Error

Hi all, I am stuck on a shell script issue and need your inputs: I have a parent script A.ksh which call in another script B.ksh. At the start of the B.ksh, we export the .profile of another user and then call Informatica jobs. Issue When I run my jobs from the command prompt, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromrishi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use stty?

Hi , I have shell scripting in linux box. This script is mentioned that should be run under the one particular user. If you run that mentioned user location then it is working fine.... Suppose if you are trying run from some other user like as mentioned below sudo su - gxadm -c script.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies
DwtInquireNextPasteLength(3Dwt) 										   DwtInquireNextPasteLength(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtInquireNextPasteLength - Returns the length of the data stored under a specified format name for the next-paste item in the clipboard.

Syntax
       int DwtInquireNextPasteLength(display, window,
				     format_name, length)
	    Display *display;
	    Window window;
	    char *format_name;
	    unsigned long *length;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies  a pointer to the Display structure that was returned in a previous call to XOpenDisplay.  For information on XOpenDis-
		 play and the Display structure, see the Guide to the Xlib Library: C Language Binding.

window	 Specifies the window ID that relates the application window to the clipboard.	The same application instance should pass the same
		 window ID to each clipboard function that it calls.

format_name
		 Specifies the name of the format for the next-paste item.

length	 Specifies the length of the next data item in the specified format.  This argument equals zero if no data is found for the speci-
		 fied format, or if there is no item on the clipboard.

Description
       The DwtInquireNextPasteLength function returns the length of the data stored under a specified format name for  the  next  paste  clipboard
       data item.

If no data is found for the specified format, or if there is no item on the clipboard, DwtInquireNextPasteLength returns a value of zero.

Any  format  passed  by	name  is  assumed to have the length passed in a call to DwtCopyToClipboard, even though the data has not yet been
       transferred to the clipboard in that format.

Return Values
       This function returns one of these status return constants:

ClipboardSuccess   The function is  success-
			  ful.
       ClipboardLocked	  The	 function    failed
			  because the clipboard was
			  locked  by another appli-
			  cation.  The	application
			  can  continue to call the
			  function  with  the  same
			  parameters	until	the
			  clipboard  is   unlocked.