Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting stdout to file or character device with trailing slash Post 302487813 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 13th of January 2011 04:23:05 PM
Old 01-13-2011
Perhaps you could correct all the scripts at once (test it out first):
Code:
perl -i -pe 's|/dev/null/|/dev/null|g' *.sh

Code:
perl -i -pe 's|(?<=/dev/null)/||g' *.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script: Cut / (slash) character in string

I have a string "\/scratch\/databases\". I want to have a new string "\/scratch\/databases" by cutting last '\' character using shell script. I can't do this Please help me. Thanks in advance ThuongTranVN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThuongTranVN
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trailing slash - resync command

Hi All, i am aware that there is a difference between: 1. rsync -n -av /tmp . 2. rsync -n -av /tmp/ . I would like to do the first option. But if i use a variable (rsync -av $log .), the command behaves like a second option (with the trailing slash) Is there any way to use a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitute single backward-slash with the double backward-slash

Hi, I have a path like this c:\test\sample\programs, i need to change thiis to c:\\test\\sample\\programs. How to perform this? I tried tr command but it didn't help me. Thanks Vijayan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

5. Linux

sed couldn't flush stdout no space left on device

I am running Oracle Linux enterprise server 5.0. I just installed JDE 9.0 and after I started Webserver my root directory is 100% full. Can some one help me flush stdout. I am new to linux. Sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Searching for length of words between slash character

Dear UNIX Community, I have a set of file paths like the one below: \\folder name \ folder1 \ folder2 \ folder3 \ folder4 \\folder name \ very long folder name \ even longer name I would like to find the length of the characters (including space) between the \'s. However, I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How the user process can access the character device loaded by my module

I am trying to load into the kernel a system-call dynamically (without restarting the kernel and compailing it) in an attempt to (once in kernel mode) write to user process's memory. (I know there is a way to do this with the ptrace interface but it is not an option.) I know the only way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopelessProgram
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk trailing character removal

Hi, The command - id | awk '{print $1}' - returns the following: uid=9028(luke) What do I need to further that awk so that I only have "luke", I want to set this as a variable. Thanks in advance, Lukas. P.S: I've come up with: USER1=`id | awk F'(' '{print $2}' | awk -F')' '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke222010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double slash into a file

I need to add double slash into a file using "echo" command. I tried the below from the command line and it worked. echo "\\\\abcd\efgh" > file more file \\abcd\efgh but if i use the same command within a script its showing only 1 slash Pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)