Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut text and assign them into array Post 302487120 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 12:46:25 PM
Old 01-11-2011
Code:
awk -F: '$2==v && $3="$"$3' v="Supermarket B" OFS=', ' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign variables with cut

I need to read a file (a list) and assign the value to a variable (for each line), I'm looping until the end of the file. My problem is, I want to assign 2 separate variables from the list. The process I'm using is: awk '{print $3}' file1 > file2 awk '{print $4}' file1 > file3 cat file2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to assign cut values to an array

i need to seperate values seperated by delimiters and assign it to an array.. can u plz help me on that. Variables = "asd,rgbh,(,rty,got,),sroe,9034," i need to assign the variables into arrays.. like.. var=asd var=rgbh.. and so on how do i do this. i need to reuse the values stored in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut Command value assign to variable

Hi, I am new to UNIX Scripting. I have been trying to use the CUT command to retrieve part of the header from a file and assign it to a variable. I have tried searching a lot, but I am still unsuccessful. Sample Header: HJAN BALANCE 20090616 I need to retrieve the date here, which always... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragz_82
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a variable to an array

I want to ask the user to enter an X amount of file names. I want to put those names into an array and then loop back through them to verify they are in the directory. 1st- How would I assign the value to an array and what is the correct syntax. 2nd- how would i reference that array after I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvb2727
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign value to array variable

Hi, I have a piece of code as follows: i=0 while read LINE do var = "$LINE" i=$((i+1)) echo "${var}" done < file I want to assign value to the array var. However, when i execute the script i get a error. Please can you help me know what i am missing. I ultimately want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assign array with a local var???

topic moved to programming (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
0 Replies

7. Programming

assign array with a local var???

Hi all, I am just wondering is this (below code) valid in programming int xx = 10110; int i; long yy = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,xx}; I compiled this using gcc will all working option successfully without getting any warning or error. I didn't see this kind of code in my past... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign value to array separated by #

Hi all , I have a string like para1#para2#para3 i want to assign para1 as first element para2 as second and so on i tried IFS=# set -A array para1#para2#para3 echo ${array} para1 para2 para3 i want echo ${array} para1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value to variable using cut?

Hey guys. Below is the command I am using to assign "yellow" to the variable yellow. I can seem to echo it out using xargs but when I assign it to yellow and then try to echo it out it prints a blank line. Below is the command. Your help is highly appreciated! cut -c 2- color.txt |... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldan88
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)