Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX unzipping _client.cpio.gz issue Post 302485803 by johnf on Thursday 6th of January 2011 08:45:10 AM
Old 01-06-2011
Just take a backup of the file away from where you have it now and try the cpio command as you have typed it here. I have not used the command for a long time as most things are in TAR format. However I thought the syntax for the command was:

Code:
cpio -idmv <filename

However I might be wrong!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 01-06-2011 at 01:59 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping

Ok, im a lame newb, i know, but what are all the options for the tar command, and how do i use it properly...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FalconX2
3 Replies

2. AIX

URGENT --problem in unzipping

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzipping problem

Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 9i software from oracle website. The file is in the following format. "lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" I need to unzip this file for installing oracle9i in my system. I tried with the following command to unzip the file "$gunzip lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CPIO issue

Hello, I am running Solaris and trying to install Oracle 10g. I have the software on my server and I am trying to extract the file using cpio -idmv. It seems to be taking a very long time and when I monitor it using top, it is sleeping and the cpu is 0%. Any ideas as to what may be going on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue: Unzipping file containing files/folders with a similar name

Hi, I have a zip file created on a Linxux server that I need to extract on a Windows machine... The zip file containing folders with the same name but they each have a different case, one if camel case and the other is just capitalised. When I extract using 7zip, I get prompted if I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
rpm2cpio(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       rpm2cpio(1)

NAME
rpm2cpio - convert Red Hat Package (RPM) to cpio archive SYNOPSIS
rpm2cpio [file.rpm] DESCRIPTION
The rpm2cpio utility converts the .rpm file specified as its sole argument to a cpio archive on standard output. (See NOTES.) If no argu- ment is given, an rpm stream is read from standard input. In both cases, rpm2cpio will fail and print a usage message if the standard out- put is a terminal. Therefore, the output is usually redirected to a file or piped through the cpio(1) utility. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an rpm file example% rpm2cpio Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks Example 2: Converting from standard input example% rpm2cpio < Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrpm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), attributes(5) NOTES
rpm2cpio handles versions 3 and 4 RPMs. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2001 rpm2cpio(1)