Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script for ftp-upload is not working Post 302485555 by le_mae on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 01:47:05 PM
Old 01-05-2011
bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone,

sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like
this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according
to it.

I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp
where I want to upload a pdf created with fpdf, which should be printed. This bash script should later be called via cronjob.
But I've already got a problem with the first step.

I've tested the script which I found with the help of google, but my test pdf file
seems not to be fully uploaded until the script ends.

I have read, that when using a "here document", the commands should be
executed as if they were typed, but the put-command seems to be aborted as
the last few bytes seems to be missing.
I tried the sleep-command after the put,but then I receive an "?Invalid
Command" error.

the primary script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
USER='xxx'
PASSWD='xxx'

ftp -n <<EOD
open xxx
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
put /path/to/test.pdf
quit
EOD
exit 0

When I do those steps in the terminal, the network printer prints my
test.pdf.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me, or can show me a
related thread. Everyting I found already, couldn't help me.

greetings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp Upload Folder

Hi! I'd like to upload a complete folder with subfolders with put. At the moment I always get the err-msg: aboutme: not a plain file Could anyone help me?? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
3 Replies

2. Linux

upload FTP

I have a ftp server up , however when I upload a file from my desktop to the server I get this message: ftp> get uploadtest.txt Local: uploadtest.txt Remote: uploadtest.txt 227 passive Mode ( 192,168,0,1,190,75) 550 Failed to open file ftp> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keliy1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp put in shell script -- whole file doesn't upload

Hi I'm having some trouble with a bash shell script that I'm writing. In the script, I'm trying to upload a file to a backup repository using ftp, but the whole file doesn't get uploaded. This is the file's properties at the start (I've highlighted the file size in red): -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viola
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP upload

Hi All, I am new to this forum and i need help from you . Here i want to get a mail conformation when ever the file was uploaded to FTP server.Here is my FTP script . Can any one plz help me how to get a mail confirmation weather the file was uploaded or not. #!bin/sh HOST='192.168.2.85'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfund
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Upload

Can any one help in writing FTP upload script using bash .. with specific port -oPort=62022 #/bin/bash FTPU="username" # ftp login name FTPP="password" # ftp password FTPS="localhost.com" # remote ftp server FTPF="/test" # remote ftp server directory for $FTPU & $FTPP port="2345"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram5019
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in shell script and selecting files for upload

Hi, Im a newbie with programming and shell scripting. Im running OSX/Mac and Darwin. I would like to create a shell script that would : 1. Search a Volume and directory (including subdirectories) for a file that : * filename ends with ”_Highres.pdf” and * the file creation date of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickeZ28
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi, I have one FTP script which simply sends the file to target server via netrc.it used to work as normal for years.recently target server IP got changed , same has been updated in .netrc but unable to connect it via FTP though netwrk guys already opened the port 21,20 and 22 . NETRC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Html upload file to bash script

I am trying to upload a file to the server using bash script in html form. <FORM NAME="FORM1" METHOD="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" ACTION="/cgi-bin/UPLOAD.sh"> <INPUT type="file" name="DOCFILE" id="DOCFILE" accept=".jpg,.tif,.pdf"> </FORM> How can I able to access the file in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naz
8 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)