Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rpm build errors pls help
Operating Systems Linux rpm build errors pls help Post 302485504 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 10:54:07 AM
Old 01-05-2011
Glad you got it working, but for future reference, "pls" is spelled "please", "thx" is spelled "thanks", and "u" is spelled "you". Now you know.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Programming

File I/O ERRORS.. PLS HELP..

Hi people, I am having a little problem with my client side of the concurrent programming, i have a makefile, serverside and clientside directories. makefile works well with serverside files. and now when i added the clientside files to the makefile and compiled... it gives me the follwong error.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwetaShah
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed to build an RPM?

I use Fedora Core 6. ->Our application has a Binary file and few .SO files. So i would like to build an RPM FILE for this with .SPEC file. ->Even i need to set some Envirnoment variables. Can any one give me the steps to Build an RPM?(A bit more clearly please as I am very new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platso
1 Replies

4. Linux

Converting source rpm to binary rpm

Hi, I need to install an rpm file,but I only have '.src.rpm' version of it. I want to convert it to a binary rpm. so I tried this rpm --rebuild somethin.src.rpm But I am gettin '--rebuild:Invalid option' as output Is there another way to rebuild source rpm.? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recompile openssh and build an rpm

I am needing to recompile openssh to hide the ssh banner which I found I can do in the version.h. I know.. I know, but its a requirement of some dumb security company so the company I work for can get their blessing. Anyway. I am going to upgrade in the process and have downloaded the source... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: creedog
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract RPM name from path to .rpm file

It's the end of the day and I just can't get my head around this. I'm trying to extract just the name of the RPM from the path to a .rpm file. So from: /home/me/rpm/RPMS/i386/nagios-our-plugins-1.2-6.i386.rpmI need to extract 'nagios-our-plugins'. I can't get the awk syntax right: awk '{... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

build rpm with SPEC file for packaging .jar and some .sh files..

Good day people, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: I have some .jar files, some script files (install.sh, action.sh) , and a libaes.so file. Basically, the .jar files compute the operation of my system and define the working directory for my system. My current scenario: i trigger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cielle
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Build Rpm package

Hi Everybody, I would like to know how to build an RPM package. Could you please let me know how to do it with the procedure. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

10. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies
GIT-SHORTLOG(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SHORTLOG(1)

NAME
git-shortlog - Summarize 'git log' output SYNOPSIS
git log --pretty=short | git shortlog [<options>] git shortlog [<options>] [<revision range>] [[--] <path>...] DESCRIPTION
Summarizes git log output in a format suitable for inclusion in release announcements. Each commit will be grouped by author and title. Additionally, "[PATCH]" will be stripped from the commit description. If no revisions are passed on the command line and either standard input is not a terminal or there is no current branch, git shortlog will output a summary of the log read from standard input, without reference to the current repository. OPTIONS
-n, --numbered Sort output according to the number of commits per author instead of author alphabetic order. -s, --summary Suppress commit description and provide a commit count summary only. -e, --email Show the email address of each author. --format[=<format>] Instead of the commit subject, use some other information to describe each commit. <format> can be any string accepted by the --format option of git log, such as * [%h] %s. (See the "PRETTY FORMATS" section of git-log(1).) Each pretty-printed commit will be rewrapped before it is shown. -w[<width>[,<indent1>[,<indent2>]]] Linewrap the output by wrapping each line at width. The first line of each entry is indented by indent1 spaces, and the second and subsequent lines are indented by indent2 spaces. width, indent1, and indent2 default to 76, 6 and 9 respectively. If width is 0 (zero) then indent the lines of the output without wrapping them. <revision range> Show only commits in the specified revision range. When no <revision range> is specified, it defaults to HEAD (i.e. the whole history leading to the current commit). origin..HEAD specifies all the commits reachable from the current commit (i.e. HEAD), but not from origin. For a complete list of ways to spell <revision range>, see the "Specifying Ranges" section of gitrevisions(7). [--] <path>... Consider only commits that are enough to explain how the files that match the specified paths came to be. Paths may need to be prefixed with "-- " to separate them from options or the revision range, when confusion arises. MAPPING AUTHORS
The .mailmap feature is used to coalesce together commits by the same person in the shortlog, where their name and/or email address was spelled differently. If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop.(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-SHORTLOG(1)