Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filesystem usage with more than 80%. Post 302485379 by clx on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 04:55:02 AM
Old 01-05-2011
one way:

Code:
df -m | awk 'NF==1 {fs=$0} NF>1 && $(NF-1)+0 > 80 {print fs"\n"$0}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to get filesystem usage in c

hi, everyone Can anybody tell me how to get free blocks and total blocks of filesystem in c. I am working on a hp-unix Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Filesystem Usage

Hi Guys... I want to change the below script to send an alert when my file system is greater than 5G. # If any filesystem has less than 5k, issue an alert if Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem Usage Script

Hey guys I am learning Linux and I am working on script for a college class project to check usage of file system. I pulled this from a different site but have to tweak it a little to work but I still get errors. Here is what I got so far. ALERT=5 function main_prog() { while read output;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcsx6245
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem usage discrepancy after "copy"

I have a query someone may be able to shed some light on... We have a Solaris 10 OS Sun V490 server Sparc. I have a SAN attached EMC Clarrion LUN which we have app data stored on. Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=CK200070300470 Due to storage requirements - I need to migrate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ru4n1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes block by pending I/O will weighting by the factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify an other value. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init.d(7), insserv(8), startproc(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)