Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat 9 installation problem Post 302484997 by joshilalit2004 on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 12:18:15 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Redhat 9 installation problem

All,

I am trying to install redhat9 to my system. I have 26 GB of unpartitioned space,
and I do have xp-2 already installed on my system in c: .
I am using external DVD-RW to install linux. I have booted the CD, chosen Graphical mode and now installation frizzed with below message:

ehci-hcd 00:03.3: PCI device 1039:7002
ehci-hcd 00:03.3: irq 5, pci mem e080d000
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
PCI: 00:03.3 PCI cache line size set incorrectly (o bytes) by BIOS/FW.
PCI: 00:03.3 PCI cache line size corrected to 16
ehci-hcd 00:03.3: USB 2.0 enabled ,EHCI 1.00, driver 2003-Jan-22

I loaded default BIOS setting but still no luck. Anyone have any idea how to overcome to this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle installation on redhat 7.0/7.1

can anybody tell me that whether oracle 8i is installable on redhat 7.0/7.1. for me it is only working successfully on redhat 6.1 but not later versions cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql installation error using redhat 7.2

i am a newbie to unix admin stuff so bare with me. -- i get this message when executing mysql_install_db during the installation of mysql. what is the cause of this and how can it be fixed. btw - i have tried installing as root and other accounts also. scripts/mysql_install_db:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat 7.3 Installation

Hi, I am trying to install Redhat 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant Server but after booting from CD1 it gives following "SYSLINUX 1.52 Unknown Keyword in Syslinux.cfg Could not find Kernel Image boot: I don't know what this means. I tried the same CD on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partiton / re-installation on Redhat 7.3

Hello, me and a friend currently operate a dedicated server our /dev/hda2 is starting to get full and we have a lot of information in there we would like to keep, so we are thinking about adding an additional 120GB HD then reinstall the OS to re-partition the partitions, our current setup looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaft
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

"No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation

I'm trying to install Redhat LInux AS 4 update 4 on an IBM x306 series server. I keep getting following error: "No Drives Found. An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem." I called IBM and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

remote redhat installation

Hi guys! I have fedora6 on server and i want redhell5 to be on it. The problem is that the server is located from me several hundred kilometers away. So the only access i have is ssh. On my notebook i have iso-image with redhell5. How can install redhell5 on it and deinstall fedora6? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallman
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

Help with Redhat installation problem

Hello; I have 4 servers with RedHat Enterprise server 32-bit installed. i'm trying to install 64-bit system instead but the hardware has only CD drive (not DVD). When i tried to use external DVD drive and connect it to the USB to install the 64-bit system, it starts ok but then it ask for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redhat installation

Hi everyone, i am new to unix system. i got a project to install a web server (grafana)and database(influxdb) to install in redhat 7. The alloted space for my virtual machine is 1.3 TB . i don't have any idea how to allocate this space for redhat directories. DO i have to continue with the basic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnancs
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Dependency Error for OpenSSL i686 installation in Redhat 7.4 x64

Hi, I am unable to install openssl package due to some of the dependencies: # rpm -i openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm warning: openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: Failed dependencies: libcom_err.so.2 is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsimpossible86
0 Replies
ehci(7D)							      Devices								  ehci(7D)

NAME
ehci - Enhanced host controller driver SYNOPSIS
usb@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant nexus driver that supports the Enhanced Host Controller Interface Specifica- tion 2.0, an industry standard developed by Intel. The ehci supports bulk, interrupt, control and iso chronous transfers (on USB1.x devices behind a USB2.0 hub). FILES
/kernel/drv/ehci 32-bit ELF kernel module x86 platform /kernel/drv/sparcv9/ehci 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/amd64/ehci 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/ehci.conf Driver configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86, PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
add_drv(1M), prtconf(1M), update_drv(1M), attributes(5), hubd(7D), uhci(7D), ohci(7D), usba(7D) Writing Device Drivers Universal Serial Bus Specification 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Interface Specification 1.0 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io DIAGNOSTICS
All host controller errors are passed to the client drivers. Root errors are documented in hubd(7D). In addition to being logged, the following messages may appear on the system console. All messages are formatted in the following manner: WARNING: <device path> <ehci><instance number>>: Error message... Due to recently discovered incompatibilities with this USB controller, USB2.x transfer support has been disabled. This device will continue to function as a USB1.x controller. If you are interested in enabling USB2.x support pleaserefer to the ehci(7D) man page. Please refer to www.sun.com/io for Solaris Ready products and to www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl for additional compatible USB products. To enable USB2.x suppport, a new and more specific driver alias (refer to add_drv(1M) and update_drv(1M)) must be specified for ehci. By default, the ehci alias is 'pciclass,0c0320'. The compatible names in the prtconf(1M) output provides additional aliases. For exam- ple: # prtconf -vp | grep pciclass,0c0320 compatible: 'pci1106,3104.1106.3104.2063' + 'pci1106,3104.1106.3104' + 'pci1106,3104' + 'pci1106,3104.2063' + 'pci1106,3104' + 'pciclass,0c0320' + 'pciclass,0c03' .... A more specific alias is 'pci1106,3104'. Perform the following step to add this alias, then reboot the system: # update_drv -a -i '"pci1106,3104"' ehci # devfsadm -i ehci or reboot Connecting a high speed isochronous device to a high speed port is not supported. Devices requiring high speed isochronous USB service, such as high speed audio/video devices, are not supported. Unrecoverable USB hardware error. There was an unrecoverable USB hardware error reported by the ehci controller. Reboot the system. If this problem persists, contact your system vendor. No SOF interrupts. No SOF interrupts have been received. This USB EHCI controller is unusable. The USB hardware is not generating Start Of Frame interrupts. Reboot the system. If this problem persists, contact your system vendor. Please hotplug the 2.0 hub that this device is connected to. A device error was detected. Remove and reinsert the external USB2.0 hub. ehci_init_ctlr: Revision XX is not supported. High speed USB devices < revision .95 are not supported. ehci_init_ctrl: Unable to take control from BIOS. High speed USB devices are not supported. In this case, Solaris was unable to take control of the USB hardware from the system's BIOS. Contact your system vendor or your system administrator for possible changes in BIOS settings. (x86 only.) SunOS 5.10 7 Dec 2004 ehci(7D)