Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script need to get fixed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script need to get fixed Post 302482207 by jsmithstl on Monday 20th of December 2010 11:16:32 PM
Old 12-21-2010
If it's Oracle, you can also create a stored proc using UTL_SMTP and send the emails from within Oracle. If you're interested, you can google it and find many examples of how to set it up.
This User Gave Thanks to jsmithstl For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script..invoking command and exiting at fixed intervals

Hi, I need to write a shell script. Based on command line param to script say demode=yes Need to run an ant command for an hour(configurable) Then exit Again run the ant command all this needs to be in a loop. Thanks in advance Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuak12
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run repeatedly after a fixed interval of time

Hi , I am working on the following script . I want this script to run and scan the log file repeatedly after 3 hours. This script will run & scan just for the current date logs and after every 3 hours. Kindly advice what to add in this script for this purpose. #!/bin/sh diff common.log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to compare 2 fields in fixed length file.

Need a script that manipulates a fixed length file that will compare 2 fields in that file and if they are equal write that line to a new file. i.e. If fields 87-93 = fields 119-125, then write the entire line to a new file. Do this for every line in the file. After we get only the fields... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Muga801
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with executing parallel sessions for same shell script with different but fixed parameters

Hi Experts, There is a shell script that accepts positional parameter between 1-25 to execute case statement of script depending upon the parameter passed. Now I need to run all the 25 sessions parallely. In each option of case statement it is connecting with sqlplus and executing a select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating fixed length lines in shell script

I have a peculiar file with record format like given below. Each line is wrapped to next lines after certain number of characters. I want to concatenate all wrapped lines into 1. Input:(wrapped after 10 columns) This is li ne1 This is li ne2 and this line is too lo ng Shortline ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanyam
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Fixed with data

Hi I have a data with varying length i need to convert it to data of fixed length 1000 by appending blank spaces. This has to be done only for specific records i tried with awk but it not happening. Pls suggest me some advices awk '/^500/ {$0=sprintf("%s%t" w-length "s", $0,x)}1'... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Fixed Itself!] Sending mail form script using sSMTP does not work

I have installed sSMTP and set it up to use my gmail. Sending from cli does work fine: msg file:From: test@gmail.com To test2@gmail.com Subject: test post This is a test Executing from console:ssmtp -t < msg does work fine. But from script it does not work:#!/bin/sh ssmtp -t < msg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed Length file from a SQL script

Hi, I have a DB2 UDB 9.7 SQL script, as follows: I need to pass the script into Unix and generate a fixed length file from this. Can someone kindly provide a script to achieve it? SELECT CAST(COALESCE(CL_ID,'000000000') AS CHAR(9)) AS CL_ID ,STATUS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebsus
5 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)