Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ArchLinux - GUI (DE) set to boot up Post 302481505 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of December 2010 05:45:42 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Does it start properly manually? It may not be coming up because it's not working.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i set up dual boot again, possible virus caused problems...

ok well last night "something" caused by computer to "flip out"...i noticed that it seemed to be in dos but there was allot of info displaying on the screen real fast and after turning it off i was told there was no hard disk detected... so after talking to tech support i got windows up and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Set up solaris boot server only

Is it possible to set up a boot server only ( no install server ) for booting up the systems from network for recovery purposes ? What are the steps included for it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Make another set of root(/), /boot, /home and other partitions?

Hello, As a purely learning purpose I am trying to make another set of partitions along my existing Ubuntu11.10 box. The reason to do this partition is to try a new Linux system by myself following "Linux From Scratch" (LFS). Because the instruction of LFS seems for very advanced user (I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Custom-Spin doesnt boot to GUI when /etc/skel is changed

Heyas So i have my custom Fedora with AwesomeWM spin with alots of customizations using the kickstart method for a liveimage. A few weeks (2-3 months) ago, i've done some changes i cannot remember. Those changes made the image from bootable to gui, to not booting to gui any more. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

7. Linux

[archLinux] keymap not applied?

Heyas -Just- installed Arch, and having difficulties to understand why my keyboard layout still is en_US, eventhough i had set it to be de_CH. *UTF-8 obviously* This applies to console AND X. * https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_guide#Console_font_and_keymap *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
sndrd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 sndrd(1M)

NAME
sndrd - Remote Mirror daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrd [-c max_connections] [-l listen_backlog] DESCRIPTION
The sndrd daemon processes client Remote Mirror requests. Only the root user or a user with equivalent privileges can run this daemon. The daemon is automatically invoked in run level 2. sndrd restarts the TCP transport layers. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for sndrd should, as root or equivalent, make changes in the /etc/default/sndr file rather than editing the /lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd file. See sndr(4). OPTIONS
The sndrd daemon supports the following options: -c max_connections Sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is 16. -l listen_backlog Sets connection queue length for the RDC TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 10 entries. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. Error information is reported to syslog at level LOG_ERR. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcadm(1M), syslogd(1M), ds.log(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd dae- mons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrd(1M)