Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bit usage: folding at home
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Bit usage: folding at home Post 302479644 by Neo on Sunday 12th of December 2010 03:58:49 AM
Old 12-12-2010
Yes, but for the life of me, like Corona688, I don't see the relationship between our forum Bits, and the distributed computing (folding).

Perhaps you could simply write down, step-by-step, your proposed relationship between Bits, and folding?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk usage and home directory

Hi guys just a quick question how could i come up with a way so i wont have to hard code my home directory into the base_cmd directory? I only want to list files and directories but no sub directories that take up the most disk usage base_cmd=`basename /home/m/mmatrik/*/` du -h -k base_cmd |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
MB_CONVERT_CASE(3)							 1							MB_CONVERT_CASE(3)

mb_convert_case - Perform case folding on a string

SYNOPSIS
string mb_convert_case (string $str, int $mode, [string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()]) DESCRIPTION
Performs case folding on a string, converted in the way specified by $mode. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string being converted. o $mode - The mode of the conversion. It can be one of MB_CASE_UPPER, MB_CASE_LOWER, or MB_CASE_TITLE. o $encoding -The $encoding parameter is the character encoding. If it is omitted, the internal character encoding value will be used. RETURN VALUES
A case folded version of $string converted in the way specified by $mode. UNICODE
By contrast to the standard case folding functions such as strtolower(3) and strtoupper(3), case folding is performed on the basis of the Unicode character properties. Thus the behaviour of this function is not affected by locale settings and it can convert any characters that have 'alphabetic' property, such as A-umlaut (A). For more information about the Unicode properties, please see http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr21/. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mb_convert_case(3) example <?php $str = "mary had a Little lamb and she loved it so"; $str = mb_convert_case($str, MB_CASE_UPPER, "UTF-8"); echo $str; // Prints MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB AND SHE LOVED IT SO $str = mb_convert_case($str, MB_CASE_TITLE, "UTF-8"); echo $str; // Prints Mary Had A Little Lamb And She Loved It So ?> Example #2 mb_convert_case(3) example with non-Latin UTF-8 text <?php $str = "Txiotn a nE Baos unuvn yn, dpaokeCei unp vw0po kuvs"; $str = mb_convert_case($_tr, MB_CASE_UP_ER, "UTF_8"); _ _ echo $str; // Prints TXI>TH A/TTHH BAO> YHMNH | H, /PA>KE/EI YTTP NOOPO KYN> $str = mb_convert_case($str, MB_CASE_TITLE, "U_F-8"); echo $str; // Prints Txiotn A nE Baoo Ynuvn | n, /paokeCei Ynp Nw0po Kuvo ?> SEE ALSO
mb_strtolower(3), mb_strtoupper(3), strtolower(3), strtoupper(3), ucfirst(3), ucwords(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_CONVERT_CASE(3)