Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get a part of a String from a log file Post 302478958 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of December 2010 09:36:33 AM
Old 12-09-2010
Code:
# a='000042e2 1_BLA_Yab I logging.LogInfo logInfo 34721747: Excecution Time:16811 ms, id: _AB:9003012a.bdea3d8b.75efe9d1.e3184cd8'
# b=${a% ms,*}
# t=${b##*:}
# echo $t

Code:
# echo $a | sed 's/.*cution Time://;s/ ms.*//'

Last edited by ctsgnb; 12-09-2010 at 10:42 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain part of log file?

Hi there, I'm having some problem with UNIX scripting (ksh), perhaps somebody can help me out? For example: ------------ Sample content of my log file (text file): -------------------------------------- File1: .... info_1 ... info_2 ... info_3 ... File2: .... info_1 ... info_2 ...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace part of single string in a file

hi! i have a file consisting of the following lines: (BTW, = space) . . . 12ME_T1mapping_flip30bshortf 13DCE_whole_brainbshortf 13DCE_3Dbshortf . . . the list of scans starts at 1 and goes on sometimes up to 60 scans. i would like to change only the lines that contain 'whole' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the part of log between 2 string

Hi Let's say I have a log file with this format: Marker1 End of Marker1 .... Marker1 End of Marker1 .... Marker1 End of Marker1 how to get the last part between End of Marker1 and Marker1? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing last modified part of log file

I have a log file which contains data like this This log file is updated twice a day at 7am and 6pm, I want a script(which i will make run at 7:10am and 6:10pm) which should fetch only the last appended lines since last update.. I mean.. if i execute the script at 7.10am 3/3/2010 it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a text file and posting part of the line

What would be the most succinct way of doing this (preferably in 1 line, maybe 2): searching the first 10 characters of every line in a text file for a specific string, and if it was found, print out characters 11-20 of the line on which the string was found. In this case, it's known that there... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get part of the current file name as a string

Hi All, I've been searching through existing post and have been able to find most of what I want but am still stuck... I'm trying to get part of the current file name as a string. The file name is in the form of: basefilename_xxx(...).sh I need the bit xxx(...) and it varies in length. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the date part from the log file.

Hi, I have a script that runs to generate a log file which is in this format: Start: Friday, April 29, 2011 18:30 User : Host : Database : I need to write a script that reads this log file (RUN.LOG) and rename the existing log file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok@119
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a part of file based on string identifiers

consider below file contents cat myOutputFIle.txt 8 CCM-HQE-ResourceHealthCheck: Resource List : No RED/UNKNOWN resource Health entries found ---------------------------------------------------------- 9 CCM-TraderLogin-Status: Number of logins: 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print particular string in a field of csv file - part 2

Hi, all I need your help and suggestions. I want to print particular strings in a field of a csv file and show them in terminal. Here is an example of the csv file. SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of string from all log files.?

Hi All, Let us say we have 5 log files, extract the data from all log files and save the output in a file. home/log/first.log home/log/second.log home/log/third.log home/log/four.log home/log/five.log I want to extract the following text from the log files and save the output in a file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)