Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows to Unix? Using bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows to Unix? Using bash Post 302477480 by newbie987 on Sunday 5th of December 2010 11:11:54 AM
Old 12-05-2010
Ok i think i understand the codes now, but how do i delete multipler users as an admin.

So just say i have 4 user accounts, how can i delete multiple users?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing windows server alias name on windows or unix?

My situation is that we have production unix scripts that ftp files over to a windows server. I'm not sure if its a 2000 or 2003 server as I dont work on server, more on the unix side. It turns out that they are changing servers on the network. So they are migrating our data over from say Server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

4. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using BASH on windows

So I'm looking into using BASH on this windows 7 machine. I've installed cygwin with a few optional bash installations but I don't know how to get bash to "work". I've opened the .exe and typed what few commands I understand from the tutorials I've found but some of the commands do not work. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cambria
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Task with Bash script

Hello I have a problem with use bash script in windows task. If I use script by cygwin it's working well. If I use it by Windows task I'm get error Error : ERROR 2 (HY000) at line 2: File '.\xxx.csv' not found (Errcode: 2) Code Line : load data local infile './xxx.csv' REPLACE into... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karp
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Windows Batch to Bash

This line is called in a windows batch file and I need to call the same 3 jars with Parms in a bash script. cd "D:\ACDRIP\JARS" java -cp ".\RIPError.jar;.\RIP31.jar;.\RIP31msg_en_US.jar" ResubmitErrors -Ahost -P185050 pause Any ideas how to do this in Bash? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies
groupdel(1M)															      groupdel(1M)

NAME
groupdel - delete a group from the system SYNOPSIS
group DESCRIPTION
The command deletes a group from the system by removing the appropriate entry from the file. The command must be used with the group argument which is the name of the group to be deleted. The name consists of a string of printable characters that may not include a colon or newline Refer to usergroupname(5) to understand the functionality changes with the Numeric User Group Name feature. Options The command uses the following option: Exercise the safe delete feature. That is, if the gid of the primary group of any system user matches the gid of group, then group is not deleted. NIS The command is aware of NIS user entries. Only local groups may be deleted with Attempts to delete an NIS group will result in an error. NIS groups must be administered from the NIS server. If is used on a system where NIS is installed, it may fail with the error (return value 6), if the group specified is an NIS group (see group(4)). RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: No error. Invalid command syntax. Invalid argument supplied to an option. group does not exist. Cannot modify the file. file or file busy. Another command may be modifying the file. Unable to open or file is non-existent. group is busy or cannot delete the primary group. EXAMPLES
Delete the group from the file if it exists: WARNINGS
Because many users may try to write the file simultaneously, a password locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. FILES
SEE ALSO
users(1), groupadd(1M), groupmod(1M), logins(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), group(4), usergroupname(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
groupdel(1M)