Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop difficulty
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop difficulty Post 302477329 by samsami1971 on Saturday 4th of December 2010 10:36:01 AM
Old 12-04-2010
loop difficulty

thanks very much for your help.It worked perfect.

other question if I want to make it accepts two or more variables without entering the number(just gives an option to entre three variable names),I mean entering values and testing them that are from the existence name.how can I do that?
regards

Last edited by samsami1971; 12-04-2010 at 11:46 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Difficulty in Posting URLs in my threads

Hi, I have a problem in pasting a url in the thread. I tried many a times and i keep failing. Can u tell me what's wrong? I go by the instructions that appear after clicking the http:// but still i fail. The link does not appear properly in the threads that i post. Thanks, Nisha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having difficulty with UNIX concept. Please help!

Hi, I would be very happy if someone could help me please. I am relatively new to UNIX, and still learning. My understanding of things are: Say I have a PC running Windows. This machine has a name. If I have 10 PC's, then I have 10 names, one for each PC. Each PC is independent of the other.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Proxy difficulty

Hi I am trying to set up two hosts in a reverse proxy. The reverse proxy already has 8 servers running perfectly, but they are all simply mapping pure addresses, which I have registered internally and externally. The latest two I wish to add are a bit different, they are app servers, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rboekdrukker
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Difficulty

Hi, I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty in formatting a file.

a file containing following data (part of it).... 1907594 201012 31 11 5837737 201012 41 18 257402.88 201101 31 11 7500 201101 33 1 115618.5 201101 41 11 556330 201102 31 12 481783.5 201102 41 20 2827732.13 201103 31 71 85253 201103 33 2 4479588.07 201103 41 90 7120 201104 21 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty with awk

hello folks, i am stuck with this awk command. i need to calculate the sum of a column of values on a flatfile and i am using the following command : awk -F"|" '{x += $10} END {print "Sum: "x}' standard_csv_file1.out that flatfile contains 180 fields and i am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty in understanding sort command

Hi, I have used the following command to get result using some program and got desired output but I am unable to understand the last part: sort -k5,5 -rn|head -n 10 grep Centre groups.dat |sort -k5,5 -rn|head -n 10 Please guide. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difficulty with set - command

Hi , i have a shell script with the first two lines as #! /bin/ksh set -x when i try opening the file from unix using the command 'sh filename.sh' , i am getting the below error : invalid optionline 2: set: - Pls help Use code tags for you code and data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajankum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty with CAT redirection in script

I have not been able to append the contents of many files into one file. I have executed the CAT command shown below separately substituting an actual path and file name for the array variable to verify that I have the syntax correct. The bottom line - nothing is happening with CAT. I am running... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmith
16 Replies
sys_attrs_pwrmgr(5)						File Formats Manual					       sys_attrs_pwrmgr(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_pwrmgr - pwrmgr subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Power Manager (pwrmgr) kernel subsystem. To change these attributes so that they take effect each time you boot the system, you create a stanza file with the attribute settings you want and then use the sysconfigdb com- mand to update the system configuration database with the information in this file. See the EXAMPLES section for more information about this process. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an general introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. A value that enables (1) or disables (0) CPU slowdown after the CPU becomes idle. A value that enables (1) or disables (0) all power management functions (for CPU, disks, and graphics hardware). The number of min- utes to wait before powering down registered disks after they become idle. A value that enables (1) or disables (0) disk spindown after registered disks become idle. The number of minutes before entering DPMS off mode after display hardware has become idle. If you specify 0 for this attribute, DPMS off mode is disabled. A value that enables (1) or disables (0) Display Power Management Signaling (DPMS) modes for graphics display hardware. The number of minutes before entering DPMS standby mode after display hardware has become idle. If you specify 0 for this attribute, DPMS standby mode is disabled. The number of minutes before entering DPMS suspend mode after display hardware has become idle. If you specify 0 for this attribute, DPMS suspend mode is disabled. EXAMPLES
The following example shows a sample stanza file named power_mgr.stanza: pwrmgr: default_pwrmgr_state=1 cpu_slowdown=1 disk_spindown=1 disk_dwell_time=20 graphics_powerdown=1 graphics_standby_dwell=5 graphics_suspend_dwell=10 graphics_off_dwell=15 This file: Enables power management in general, plus all three of the power management options for idle hardware (CPU slowdown, disk spin- down, and DPMS modes for graphics displays) Specifies a wait of 20 minutes before spinning down a disk after it has become idle Specifies a wait of 5, 10, and 15 minutes before entering DPMS standby, suspend, and off modes, respectively, after graphics display hardware has become idle See stanza(4) for more information about stanza files. The following command updates the /etc/sysconfigtab database with the information in the stanza file: # sysconfigdb -a -f power_mgr.stanza pwrmgr See sysconfigdb(8) for more information about using this command to update the system configuration database. SEE ALSO
Commands: sysconfigdb(8) Files: stanza(4) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_pwrmgr(5)