Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming unexpected values received when writing and reading from file Post 302477061 by saman_glorious on Friday 3rd of December 2010 07:24:39 AM
Old 12-03-2010
how can i correct it?, even when i write values to the file, i cannot open it manually, it says it not readable
this time when wanna start reading, the open() returns -1

Code:
   for(int i = 1; i <= nFragment; i++)
   {
      snprintf(frag_path, sizeof(frag_path), "fragment%d.dat", i);
      rand_value = rand() % _RAND_RANGE + 1;
      printf("%d\n", rand_value);
       if( (fd = open(frag_path, O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, FILE_MODE) ) < 0 ){
           perror("file creation failed..\n");
             return false;
   }
       snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%d", rand_value);
       if((n = write(fd, buf, sizeof buf)) < 0){
                  perror("cannot write to fragments..\n");
                     return false;}
   close(fd);

}//for     
/*
sleep(2);  
  char buf1[3], str[3];
  int fd1;
   if((fd1 = open("/home/user/Desktop/Link to 02-12-2010/fragmen4.dat", O_RDONLY)) < 0){
      printf("error opening file..\n");
        exit(1);
   }
   n = read(fd1, buf1, 3); 
   printf("n = %d\n", n); printf("%d", atoi(buf1));
*/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading and Writing file on LAN

Hi gurus I am not a C programmer but I need to read and write files on a computer on LAN using IP address. Suppose on a computer that has an IP 192.168.0.2 Any help or code example. I did in JAVA using URL, but do not know how to do in ANSI-C. In java: ------- URL url = new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading ,writing,appending ,manipulating a file.

Hi my prob statement is to create a new file or to append to the 1tst file the followign chages. File 1: txt file. portfolio No a b c d abc 1 Any Any Any charString cds 2 values values values charString efd 3 can can can charString fdg 4 come come come charString... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log File Writing and Reading

Hi all, I have the following shell script code which tries to sftp and writes the log into the log file. TestConnection () { echo 'Connection to ' $DESTUSERNAME@$DESTHOSTNAME $SETDEBUG if ]; then rm $SCRIPT ; fi touch $SCRIPT echo "cd" $REMOTEDIR >> $SCRIPT echo "quit" >>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
10 Replies

4. Programming

I need help with file reading/writing in C

Hello everybody, I'm trying to code a program which makes the following: It sends an ARP request frame and when it gets the reply, extracts the IP address of source and writes it to a .txt file. This is gonna be done with many hosts (with a for() loop), so, the text file would look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from DataBase and Writing to a file

Hi All, Please help me in writing data to a file in one row. In database there is a column which contains large data which does not fit in the file in one row. The column contains list of paths. I want to write these paths to a file in one row. Please find the code below writes : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file extracting information writing to a file

Hi I am trying to extract information out of a file but keep getting grep cant open errors the code is below: #bash #extract orders with blank address details # # obtain the current date # set today to the current date ccyymmdd format today=`date +%c%m%d | cut -c24-31` echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and writing in same file

Hi All, Here is my requirement. I am grepping through the log files and cutting some fields from the file to generate a csv file. Now I have to check if 2nd field is having some fixed value then with the help of 4th field I have to look in same log and run another grep command to retrieve the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Writing table values to a file

I have a file like this, 1,a,saurav 2,b,rout I want to show this file in a perl cgi page table and want to add a column which will contain a text box. There I will give some manual input, which will be written to the existing file(or a new file) in below format. 1|a|saurav|bangalore... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and Writing a conf file - Suggestions and improvements?

Hello all As part of my TUI - (line based) Text User Interface, i do have 2 commands to assist working with conf files. Now, for me they work, but since i wrote them, i automaticly use them they way they should be used... you know what i mean. ;) Anyway, they are designed to read 'simple'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)												 pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_wrlock(), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock() - lock or attempt to lock a read-write lock for writing SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be locked for writing. DESCRIPTION
The function applies a write lock to the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock. The calling thread acquires the write lock if no other thread (reader or writer) holds the read-write lock rwlock. Otherwise, the thread blocks (that is, it does not return from the call) until it can acquire the lock. Results are undefined if the calling thread holds the read-write lock (whether a read or a write lock) at the time the call is made. The function applies a write lock as in the function with the exception that the function fails if any thread currently holds rwlock (for reading or writing). Results are undefined if any of these functions are called with an uninitialized read-write lock. If a signal is delivered to a thread waiting for a read-write lock, upon return from the signal handler, the thread shall resume waiting for the read-write lock as if it was not interrupted. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EBUSY] The read-write lock rwlock could not be acquired for writing because it was already locked for reading or writing. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock. [EDEADLK] The current thread already owns the read-write lock for reading or writing. AUTHOR
and were developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3T), pthread_rwlock_destroy(3T), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T)