Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Extract data from an AS/400 tape Post 302475092 by mindmachine on Friday 26th of November 2010 11:09:11 AM
Old 11-26-2010
Thanks for your effort anyway. I will probably better be going to contact someone with an AS400 to restore the files on tape and export them in a proper way. Furthermore our customer has just contacted me and told me, that the AS400 might still be available somewhere (obviously it were just the harddisks that broke down).

Hope that eiter one way or the other will show up working. those rescue companies suck the blood out of your wallet :-9

Cheers

Christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Data to tape

Hi everyone!!! I have a question on incremental backup`s and full backup`s? We currently use the Round-Robin schema to do full backup`s on a daily basis but want to change that as our data is increasing. I would like to imply the Grandfather-father-Son policy taking a full backup on the 1st of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donovan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to extract data from tape.

i have try tar -xvf command but it returns following error. tar: 0511-164 There is a media read or write block size error i have also try to copy data from tape to disk uisng tcopy command , it was succesful but still i am unable to extract data from that file on my disk. one thing to add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djahmed
1 Replies

3. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with DDS data tape

Hi all I have BIG headache with an old unix server I have and I need some help and ideas how to solve them effectively. Thanks in advance ***Story*** I have an OLD SCO OpenServer 5 release 5 server with DDS4 tape device. I also have a box full of DDS4 tapes with data inside. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaos83_2000
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract multiple files from tape

Hello everyone, I am having difficulties restoring data from a tape and I was hoping someone could help me. Here it goes. Whenever I type tar -xvf /dev/nst0, only the first file on the tape is restored which means that in the particular tape there are multiple tar files. Can someone please... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from a data matrix with filter criteria

Here is what old matrix look like, IDs X1 X2 Y1 Y2 10914061 -0.364613333 -0.362922333 0.001691 -0.450094667 10855062 0.845956333 0.860396667 0.014440333 1.483899333... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract cpio backup on tape

Hi, I was wondering, If I take a backup using cpio to tape from UNIX, can I extract data on windows box using cpio for windows? Anybody ever do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonez
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
BACKUP_ADDHOST(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_ADDHOST(8)

NAME
backup_addhost - Adds a Tape Coordinator entry to the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup addhost -tapehost <tape machine name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup addh -t <tape machine name> [-p <TC port offset>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup addhost command creates a Tape Coordinator entry in the Backup Database. The entry records o The host name of the Tape Coordinator machine where the Tape Coordinator (butc) process runs, as specified with the -tapehost argument. o The Tape Coordinator's port offset number, as specified with the -portoffset argument. An entry for the port offset must also appear in the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine, where it is mapped to a UNIX device name (for a tape device) or pathname (for a backup data file). Each Tape Coordinator must have its own port offset number, and the command fails if a Backup Database entry already exists for the requested port offset number. To display existing Tape Coordinator entries, use the backup listhosts command. OPTIONS
-tapehost <tape machine name> Specifies the fully-qualified hostname of the machine for which to create a Tape Coordinator entry in the Backup Database. The machine must have an entry in either the cell's naming service (such as the Domain Name Service) or the host file (/etc/hosts or equivalent) on the machine where the command is issued. -portoffset <TC port offset> Specifies the Tape Coordinator's port offset number. Provide an integer from the range 0 through 58510, or omit this argument to use the default value of 0 (zero). The value must match the port offset number recorded for the same combination of Tape Coordinator and tape device or file in the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine named by the -tapehost argument. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command creates an entry in the Backup Database that assigns port offset number 4 to a Tape Coordinator running on the machine "backup1.abc.com": % backup addhost -tapehost backup1.abc.com -portoffset 4 The following command creates a Backup Database entry that assigns port offset number 0 to a Tape Coordinator on the machine "backup3.abc.com": % backup addhost backup3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_delhost(8), backup_listhosts(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_ADDHOST(8)