Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting specific XML file to CSV Post 302474945 by Nicol on Friday 26th of November 2010 04:26:32 AM
Old 11-26-2010
Thanks ,

i doesn't work exactly as i expect , let's me resume :

the input file is :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<files xmlns="http://www.lotus.com/dxl/console">

<filedata notesversion="8" odsversion="51" logged="yes" >

<cutoff interval="90">20100811T010253,56+02</cutoff>

<path>/base/base01/mail/mail-20/valerie_deshuissard.nsf</path>

</filedata>

<filedata notesversion="8" odsversion="51" logged="yes" >

<cutoff interval="90">20100811T010231,02+02</cutoff>

<path>/base/base01/mail/mail-20/laurent_abello.nsf</path>

</filedata>

and i expect exactly on output:
Code:
first line :
8#51#yes#90#20100811T010253,56+02#/base/base01/mail/mail-20/valerie_deshuissard.nsf#

second line:
8#51#yes#90#20100811T010231,02+02#/base/base01/mail/mail-20/laurent_abello.nsf#

etc.

so
i don't want to keep the header :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<files xmlns="http://www.lotus.com/dxl/console">

and
i want to keep on one line all data extracted between <filedata
and
Code:
</filedata>

i know this is quite complicated but i'm too basic shell writer to succeed.

thanks again to help me
regards
Christian

Last edited by Scott; 11-26-2010 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file in csv

HI All, I have a text file memory.txt which has following values. Average: 822387 7346605 89.93 288845 4176593 2044589 51883 2.47 7600 i want to convert this file in csv format and i am using following command to do it. sed s/_/\./g <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV specific

Hi , Please any one to help on ,extract this xml code into csv columns list. <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a flat file in XML

Hello Friends, I am new to UNIX shell scripting. Using bash....Could you please help me in converting a flat file into an XML style output file. Flat file: (Input File entries looks like this) John Miller: 617-569-7996:15 Bunting lane, staten Island, NY: 10/21/79: 60600 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humkhn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting specific Excel file tabs to CSV in Python

Hi list, This is probably something really simple, but I am not particularly familiar with Python so I thought I would ask as I know that python has an excel module. I have an excel document with multiple tabs of data and graphs. One of the tabs is just data which I require to have dumped to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting XML to Flat file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a XML file to flat file. Sample I/p: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?> <DataFile xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' contactCount='4999' date='2012-04-14' time='22:00:14' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='gen .xsd'> <Contact... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting XML to CSV

Hello, For i while i have been using XMLStarlet to convert several XML files to CSV files. So far this always went fine. Today however i got a new XML format however but i cannot find out how to get the data i need. Below is part of the code where it shows the different format. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
10 Replies
mail.local(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            mail.local(1M)

NAME
mail.local - store mail in a mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mail.local [-f sender] [-d] recipient DESCRIPTION
mail.local reads the standard input up to an end-of-file and appends it to each user's mail file (mailbox). This program is intended to be used by sendmail(1M) as a mail delivery agent for local mail. It is not a user interface agent. Messages are appended to the user's mail file in the /var/mail directory. The user must be a valid user name. Each delivered mail message in the mailbox is preceded by a "Unix From line" with the following format: From sender_address time_stamp The sender_address is extracted from the SMTP envelope address (the envelope address is specified with the -f option). A trailing blank line is also added to the end of each message. The mail files are locked with a .lock file while mail is appended. The mail files are created with mode 660, owner is set to recipient, and group is set to mail. If the ``biff'' service is returned by get- servbyname(3SOCKET), the biff server is notified of delivered mail. This program also computes the Content-Length: header which will be used by the mailbox reader to mark the message boundary. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f sender Specifies the "envelope from address" of the message. This flag is technically optional, but should be used. -d Specifies the recipient of the message. This flag is also optional and is supported here for backward compatibility. That is, mail.local recipient is the same as mail.local -d recipient. -l Turn on LMTP mode. -r from Specify the sender's name (for backward compatibility). -7 Do not advertise 8BITMIME support in LMTP mode. -b Return a permanent error instead of a temporary error if a mailbox exceeds quota. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: recipient The recipient of the mail message. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TZ Used to set the appropriate time zone on the timestamp. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/tmp/local.XXXXXX temporary files /tmp/lochd.XXXXXX temporary files /var/mail/user_name user's mail file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), comsat(1M), sendmail(1M), getservbyname(3SOCKET), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1997 mail.local(1M)