Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find the line starting with a pattern and save a part in variable Post 302474681 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 25th of November 2010 03:17:41 AM
Old 11-25-2010
there should be no space surrounding the = sign during variable assignment.So try as
Code:
defaultStorage=`echo "/test/test2/test4/test6" | cut -f2 -d/`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I am new to this forum and i would like to get help in this issue. I have a file 1.txt as shown: apple banana orange apple grapes banana orange grapes orange .... Now i would like to search for pattern say apple or orange and then put a # at the beginning of the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I think you ppl did not get my question correctly, let me explain I have 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a line and save it in a variable

Hi I want to read a file line by line and search for a particular string in each line(say for example string containing @ )and save that string into a variable. Can someone suggest me the way to implement it.I am using K- shell Thanks Ishita (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ishita
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find entries, NOT starting with specific pattern

Hey,I have a file in following format >1 ABC........ >2 XYZ..... >3 ABC........ >4 MNO....... >5 ABC....... now I would like to find only those entries that doesn't start with ABC (specific pattern)e.g preferred output: >2 XYZ.... >4 MNO....... it will be nice if anybody how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitachaurasia
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Part of a variable based on a pattern

Hi All, I am writing a script to work with files in a folder. The files are all in the following patterns (without quotes): "some filename - NxNN - the end.YYY" or "some filename - NNxNN - the end.YYY" Where N = a single number and YYY is the extension. Basically what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtbobie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line starting with a pattern

HI, I have the below input file /* ----------------- cmdsDlyStartFWJ -----------------*/ UNIX_JOB CMDS065J RUN ANY CMDNAME sleep 5 AGENT CMDSHP USER proddata RUN MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI DELAYSUB 02:00 /* "Triggers daily file watcher jobs" */ ENVAR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save an specific part of a expect_out in a variable

I have a expect file like this #!/opt/tools/unsupported/expect-5.39/bin/expect spawn ssh -l user ip expect_after eof {exit 0} set timeout 10 log_file /report.txt expect "Password:" { send "pasword\r" } expect "$ " { send "date\r" } expect "$ " { send "readlink /somelink\r" } set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebehnaz
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Save line from text in variable

Hi, I wrote a csh script where I want to save in a loop each time a different line from a text file (att_file) in the $name variable. But it seems not to work. att_file looks like: 123123123 345345345 345345345 set name = `head -n $count $att_file | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $1}'` Do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MLImag
3 Replies
GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)							 1						     GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)

get_included_files - Returns an array with the names of included or required files

SYNOPSIS
array get_included_files (void ) DESCRIPTION
Gets the names of all files that have been included using include(3), include_once(3), require(3) or require_once(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of the names of all files. The script originally called is considered an "included file," so it will be listed together with the files referenced by include(3) and family. Files that are included or required multiple times only show up once in the returned array. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_included_files(3) example <?php // This file is abc.php include 'test1.php'; include_once 'test2.php'; require 'test3.php'; require_once 'test4.php'; $included_files = get_included_files(); foreach ($included_files as $filename) { echo "$filename "; } ?> The above example will output: abc.php test1.php test2.php test3.php test4.php NOTES
Note Files included using the auto_prepend_file configuration directive are not included in the returned array. SEE ALSO
include(3), include_once(3), require(3), require_once(3), get_required_files(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_INCLUDED_FILES(3)