Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: keeping a process alive ?
Operating Systems Solaris keeping a process alive ? Post 302474475 by bartus11 on Wednesday 24th of November 2010 10:28:39 AM
Old 11-24-2010
You can create SMF service for that script. Then the SMF itself will monitor availability of that script, and will restart it if needed. Take a look at: BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Service Management Facility (SMF) in the Solaris 10 OS: A Quick Example

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to kill process while keeping the submitted job running

:confused: I have a process which was schedule to run from 8am - 6pm daily. The scripts will search & run the commands that i was predefined in the database. Ususally, there were about 6-7 jobs for each submission and each job takes about 1-2 hrs and running one by one. And, I have a cron job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keeping cron jobs alive...?

Hi, I'm very new to Unix so please bear with me... :) Here is my requirement: I need to create a cron job to run two different scripts at 1 a.m. every day. Here's what I did: I used the "crontab -e" command and created a crontab file using the vi editor. When I exit the editor using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogiB
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check whether a process is alive or not

Hi Everybody I have small requirement that needs to be implemented in shell script. Currently i have shell script which invokes a java process say "Process A" which runs in background. If some one tries to invoke again the same shell script , then there should be some mechanism inside the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

keeping 10 process running at the same time

Hi guys, I neet to run sqlldr to charge about 50,000 files every day to my DWH, so I need to make an script to keep about 100 processes of sqlldr running at the same time. So, the issue is that i've been trying for a few days to make an script which can keep that amount of processes running, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razziel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping std & err outputs alive and feed one log file in a one-shot way

Bonjour, I have a large script with a lot of print statements and misc commands. Standard and error outputs are redirected like into the following code : #!/usr/bin/ksh LOG=/<some dir>/log > $LOG exec >>${LOG} 2>>${LOG} print aaaaa print bbbbb print ccccc ... some_cmd That way,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
5 Replies

6. Tips and Tutorials

My "Bread and Butter" Process Keep Alive Perl Script....

For the newbies, I should have posted this years ago.... Here is the standard (tiny) "bread and butter" perl script (on Linux) I use in my crontab files to insure key processes are alive ( just in case ! ) like httpd, named, sshd, etc. The example below if for named...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Is this forum alive?

Odd thing. I posted in the Solaris forum, new user, just asking for a bit of advice. Nothing too complicated. As of this post there have been 140 views and zero replies. So that got me thinking, is this normal? I had a look around, and I see the same thing on many other threads, and in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _JonB_
2 Replies

8. Programming

Socket Keep-Alive

Hi I'm adding http 1.1 GET to my project and trying to use “Keep-Alive” HTTP connections to the host, The problem is when I recv() the first page, it succeeds. However, the 2nd consecutive recv() will receive zero bytes, for which I really have no idea. As per HTTP 1.1 I have Connection: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Projecteer
6 Replies
scprivipd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     scprivipd(1M)

NAME
scprivipd - Sun Cluster Private IP address service daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/lib/sc/scprivipd DESCRIPTION
Sun Cluster private IP addresses can be assigned to non-global zones by using the scconf command or the clnode command. The scprivipd dae- mon is a server daemon that is used for the management of these private IP addresses that are assigned to non-global zones. The scprivipd daemon is started at system boot time. It is used to configure or unconfigure the private IP addresses that are assigned to non-global zones on zone boot or shutdown or as a result of scconf operations. DIAGNOSTICS
The scprivipd daemon has no direct stdin, stdout, or stderr connection to the outside. All diagnostic messages are logged through the sys- log function. NOTES
The scprivipd daemon must be run in superuser mode. The scprivipd daemon is a Service Management Facility (SMF) service and is started through SMF. Also, if the scprivipd daemon is killed by a signal, it is automatically restarted by SMF. The SIGTERM signal can be used to kill scprivipd gracefully. Other signals should not be used to kill the daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), syslog(3C), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 19 May 2006 scprivipd(1M)