Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Last login details in banner
Operating Systems AIX Last login details in banner Post 302474246 by purdym on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 07:21:03 PM
Old 11-23-2010
I got it to work, sometimes.

It does not work when I ssh from my PC, it works when I ssh from another server.

Add the ansi colour escape sequence to your SSHD banner file:

Code:
This is a private computer facility.  Access to the facility must be
specifically authorized.  If you are not authorized, your continued
access and further inquiry expose you to criminal and/or civil
proceedings.

^[[36;40;1m

Note that ^[[ is crontrol+v escape [

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Change the Login banner for obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i whant to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vip3r
1 Replies

2. BSD

How to i change the login banner in obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip3r
2 Replies

3. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Create Banner/Login Messages in Solaris.

Hi, I have been trying to create a banner/login message (something for displaying the usage policy etc) to appear while I login using telnet/FTP to any Solaris (pref. Solaris9) machine. I have tried using /etc/issue and /etc/motd files. Both do not solve my need. In that, /etc/issue displays... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display banner before login.

How would i force All connection oriented network services to display a legal warning in terms of banner before any fuctional operation by user? ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- I would like to do this for ssh service first. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing login details to htaccess login prompt

Hi, How i can pass the login details to the URL which is password protected with the htaccess using command line or script (perl,or shell,or php). Any help or hint appreciated. Thanks, SJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)