Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Script..plzz help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script..plzz help Post 302474166 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 01:07:32 PM
Old 11-23-2010
Ok uou are running Solaris 10 so it would just run fine :

adapt my code to your needs (with your directories) and run it.

If it doesn't fit , please provide more details about what you expect (provide sample of input and expected output).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with GREP, help plzz

I just want the output of this command to be stored in a variable like, str = `grep Application.dbName serverdata/ServerProp.txt` but while executing it says like, str : startup 11: not found, where startup is the script name. but while running the command alone like, grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_sakthi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script & sqlplus "plzz help"

hi friends, i m tryin to load data from one set of table to other i have sql procedure al ready for it..! i m going to load the procedure only if data in one of my table for example table "landing " have 10 records each attribute of this table is file_name status date ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbir
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to add something to a file, plzz help

The first step for you to create the script to change “JAVA_OPTS” variable definition as follows: Original line: JAVA_OPTS="-Dname=$JAVA_NAME -Xmx$JVM_MAX -DAGENT_HOME=$RT_HOME -DINSTALL_DIR=$RT_HOME -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=$RT_HOME/conf/client.keystore ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to solve these questions plzz help

1.Display a list of /usr/share/doc subdirectories containing information about shells.How many README files do these subdirectories contain? Don't count anything in the form of "README.a_string". 2.Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago, using grep,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange errors with shell scripts..plzz help

Hi all... Please help me with this questions. I am not good at shell scripting. 1) It seems like there are many ways that we can run the shell scripts. what is the difference between each one? i)./shell_script.sh ii).(space)./ shell_script.sh iii)sh shell_script.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanskumar2003
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)