Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problem with script arguments in crontab Post 302474104 by mk1216 on Tuesday 23rd of November 2010 09:22:27 AM
Old 11-23-2010
Thanks very much for the quick post.

I tried this option -> $(date +\%Y\%m\%d) and it worked fine.

On the same lines I tried escaping the % in my original command and that worked as well..

The cron entry is now like ..and works fine !!

16 12 * * * /users/mydir/bin/process_master.ksh `date +\%Y\%m\%d` >> /users/mydir/process_master.out

But do we know what could have been the problem, is it just the way cron evaluates command options ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix script Problem with crontab

Hi Experts, Am facing some problems with script (Sun solaris 9). My script (sqlplus.sh)looks like this. . . ............................................... set 'date' dd=$3 export dd mon=$2 export mon yyyy=$6 export yyyy cd /oracle/P47/saparch... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrjalli
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem passing arguments to script

Hi, I am writing a script, which is invoked from other system using ssh. I have problems reading the arguments passing to the script. If the argument has a space in it (ex "rev 2.00"), the script considers "rev" as 1 argument and "2.00" as another. Instead i want "rev 2.00" to be considered... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable problem in script when using crontab

Hi, this is my first shell script. Anyway i am trying to ftp files from one machine to another. The name of the script is ifsftp_orabkp. The code is as follows: HOST="122.122.122.22" USER="ftp_ftp" PASSWD="ftp.222222" Y1=`(perl -e '@y=localtime(time());printf... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazz
11 Replies

4. Linux

Problem with crontab + bash script

Crontab: 16 14 * * * /root/bin/./empty_mail.sh >> /root/bin/log.txt L=`mailq |grep -c frozen` echo "${NUMMAIL} frozen mail to be removed from the mailq" #echo "Press Enter to continue" #read CONTINUE echo -en "-> " for i in `mailq | grep frozen | awk '{print $3}'` ; do exim4 -Mrm $i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wessberg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab running a script

I am trying to use the CRON utility in Fedora 11 & CentOS... I intend to run a script which pops up a warning message every hour and i made the following entry using "CRONTAB -e " * * * * * sh /bin/myscript.sh But this does not seem to be running. Another thing to note is that,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing arguments to a Python script

I have part of the script below and I tried calling the script using ./tsimplex.py --fstmod=chris.cmod --nxz=8x6 --varp=0.25 but am getting the error option --fstmod must not have an argument Any idea on how to fix this would be highly appreciated #! /usr/bin/python import... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with perl script on crontab

Hi everybody, I have a perl script. I want to run it as a cron job every 10 minutes. I insert the command into crontab , using crontab -e. The problem is, I didnt get any output from script inside crontab, whereas when I run it manually through 'perl myscript.pl' it running well. Here is the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with a script in crontab

Hi guys, I have a shell script which i have put on crontab to run every min. Problem is that is isn't running. But if i run the script from the existing location it runs perfectly. but if i got out of the directory and run it giving the path. it doesn't work. sh script_name.sh ----... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nick1982
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Script problem when running on crontab

Hi guys! I created a backup script that works fine when I run manually, but when I put a crontab job to execute it the result are not the expected. (not a time problem). Here is my script: bash-3.00# cat /bk_tool/backup2.sh #!/usr/bin/csh clear set DIR_HOST='SCP08' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andredemartini
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell script passing arguments problem.

I found something insteresting when I tested passing arguments into my scripts. My scripts is as below. % cat passarg.env #!/bin/csh echo "passarg: argv = $argv argv = $argv" passarg1.env $* % cat passarg1.env #!/bin/csh echo "passarg1: argv = $argv argvp=$argv" set str = "test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
5 Replies