Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script) Post 302473912 by rdcwayx on Monday 22nd of November 2010 07:31:30 PM
Old 11-22-2010
are you sure the file name end with -d ? If the file end with dat, you can use find command

Code:
find . -type f -name "*.dat" -exec gpg -o {} -d \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and Decrypt script

Dear Experts, I am using one script name :volume.sh and its written in bash shell script. I just want to encrypt the script so that any one else cannot see it. please tell me the commands how to encrypt the script as well as to decrypt it. Regards, SHARY (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Decrypt a GPG file through shell script

Hi, I'm trying to decrypt a gpg file thorugh a shell script. But i' could'nt. My script is , -sh-3.1$ cat test_gpg.sh #!/bin/ksh echo " Hello, iam testing GPG" gpg prabhu.txt.gpg <<EOF prompt prabhu EOF exit 0 The file i'm trying to decrypt is prabhu.txt.gpg and my passphrase is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip and encrypted in a shl script

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted. I never do this in a shl script, I do it from the command line and it works.. cd /home/nelnet spinel:/home/nelnet$ gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf' `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems coping a file in a shl script

I have the following in a shl script: SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"; FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log"; LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST"; SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"; FILE_NAME='new_applicant_list'; I want to copy the file FILE_NAME to LIST_FILE_PATH ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD