Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to improve throughput?
Special Forums IP Networking How to improve throughput? Post 302471534 by andrewust on Saturday 13th of November 2010 11:12:04 AM
Old 11-13-2010
SmilieThis is a course project, the requirement is we'd better do something to change the protocol like congestion control, although multiple connection is obviously a very good way. But anyway, thanks a lot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i test my tape throughput in Mb/sec?

Is there a tool or cmd line program i can use to test my tape throughput in Mb/sec? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tool to monitor throughput

Was wonder if there was a tool or program I could run to measure throughput on our CentoS 4.x server. Our current dedicated host provider is charging us by how much throughput we are using and I just want to see if their numbers add up to whatever I get using a throughput tool of some kind. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb? Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debd
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Network writes contantly spiking in throughput

Hey guys First post... and im not exactly a solaris guru but here goes Ive setup a solaris 10 box with a raidz2 set of 6 disks... I have also setup Samba with open shares for some CIFs access... now my issue is that when i transfer large files to it the network performance contantly... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: silicoon
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Throughput problems with solaris aggregation

Hello gurus, I have the following configuration in the server side: # dladm show-aggr key: 33 (0x0021) policy: L4 address: 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 (auto) device address speed duplex link state nxge0 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 1000 Mbps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FERCA
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Issue with ns2 - no throughput data

Hello, First time poster here hoping to get some help with ns2. I've recently started using ns2(first time user) but I'm having difficulty getting the results I'm after. I am trying to set up a network with wireless nodes(5-15 nodes) and then use xgraph to display a timing diagram,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnicksMan
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bonding IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation : Bond showing less than desired throughput

Hi All, I have done IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation bond configuration with name bond0 which has 4 slaves (each 25GB/s) in it on cent os 6.8. Issue i am facing is bonding throughput is only 50GB/s not 100GB/s. below are the configuration files : DEVICE=bond0 IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
roar_vs_new(3)						   RoarAudio Programmer's Manual					    roar_vs_new(3)

NAME
roar_vs_stream, roar_vs_new_from_con - Create new VS objects SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> roar_vs_t * roar_vs_new(const char * server, const char * name, int * error); roar_vs_t * roar_vs_new_from_con(struct roar_connection * con, int * error); DESCRIPTION
These calls are used to create new VS objects without a yet connected data connection. They are only helpful if there you want to share a control connection between multiple streams (generally recommended if using multiple streams to the same server) or need to use some extended parts of the VS API. If you look for a easy way to open a stream see roar_vs_new_simple(3) and roar_vs_new_from_file(3). roar_vs_new() opens a new control connection to server server. name is used as application name. roar_vs_new_from_con() creates a new VS object from the extsing control connection con. VS objects created via roar_vs_new_from_con() will not close the control connection on roar_vs_close(3). PARAMETERS
server The server to connect to. NULL for defaults. name The application name. This should be something the user can use to identify the application. It MUST NOT be the application's binary name or the value of argv[0]. con The already existing and open control connection to use. error This is a pointer to a integer used to store the error value in case of error. This can be NULL if not used but it is very recom- mended to use this error value to report good error messages to the user. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return a new VS object. On error, NULL is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_vs_new_simple(3), roar_vs_new_from_file(3), roar_vs_close(3), roarvs(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio June 2011 roar_vs_new(3)