Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting conditional multiple string matching Post 302471469 by pravin27 on Saturday 13th of November 2010 03:56:58 AM
Old 11-13-2010
Try this,
Code:
find . -name "input_*.txt" -exec awk '{if(/b1b/){flg++};if(/d1d/){flg++};if(/a1a/ || /c1c/){flg1++} {if(flg==2 && flg1>=1){print FILENAME;flg=0;flg1=0}} }' {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

for a certain directory, I want to grep a particular file called ABCD so what I do is ls /my/dir | grep -i "ABCD" | awk '{print $9}' however, there is also this file called ABCDEFG, the above command would reurn both file when I only want ABCD, please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching string

Hello, i have a program where i have to get a character from the user and check it against the word i have and then replace the character in a blank at the same position it is in the word. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching multiple values in a string

I've been battling with parsing a comma-delimited string, and have had what I would call B- success. I'm using perl and trying to parse out specific identifiers from a string, into a new string. When things are "normal," my regex works fine. When things get complicated, my script fails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linber2880
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String matching

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching string from input to string of file

Hi, i want to know how to compare string of file with input string im trying following code: file_no=`paste -s -d "||||\n" a.txt | cut -c 1` #it will return collection number from file echo "enter number" read " curr_no" if ; then echo " current number already present" fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if conditional, multiple lines

Hi experts, I have a file with hundreds of lines that looks something like this: Cake 1 3 4 2 3 1 3 Onion 3 2 4 1 3 4 2 Apple 2 3 4 4 1 2 1 Orange 4 3 4 1 2 4 1 Cake 3 1 4 2 4 2 1 Onion 2 4 2 1 4 2 1 Apple 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 Orange 2 1 2 2 2 4 1 Cake 4 3 4 3 1 3 3 ... I'm trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_seeds
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Multiple Pattern String Matching

I am facing a problem and I would be grateful if you can help me :wall: I have a list of words like And I have a datafile like the box of the box of tissues out of of tissues out of the book, the the book, the pen and the the pen and the I want to find Patterns of “x.*x” where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional string search

Hi, I need to search/grep userid and its value based on a condition that the user id is under the heading "*central_test*" in a big file of about 70808MB. The * represents some strings before and after the string "centrla_test". Could anyone please guide. OS is hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies
semget(2)							   System Calls 							 semget(2)

NAME
semget - get set of semaphores SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/sem.h> int semget(key_t key, int nsems, int semflg); DESCRIPTION
The semget() function returns the semaphore identifier associated with key. A semaphore identifier and associated data structure and set containing nsems semaphores (see intro(2)) are created for key if one of the following is true: o key is equal to IPC_PRIVATE. o key does not already have a semaphore identifier associated with it, and (semflg&IPC_CREAT) is true. On creation, the data structure associated with the new semaphore identifier is initialized as follows: o sem_perm.cuid, sem_perm.uid, sem_perm.cgid, and sem_perm.gid are set equal to the effective user ID and effective group ID, respec- tively, of the calling process. o The access permission bits of sem_perm.mode are set equal to the access permission bits of semflg. o sem_nsems is set equal to the value of nsems. o sem_otime is set equal to 0 and sem_ctime is set equal to the current time. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a non-negative integer representing a semaphore identifier is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The semget() function will fail if: EACCES A semaphore identifier exists for key, but operation permission (see intro(2)) as specified by the low-order 9 bits of sem- flg would not be granted. EEXIST A semaphore identifier exists for key but both (semflg&IPC_CREAT) and (semflg&IPC_EXCL) are both true. EINVAL The nsems argument is either less than or equal to 0 or greater than the system-imposed limit. See NOTES. A semaphore identifier exists for key, but the number of semaphores in the set associated with it is less than nsems and nsems is not equal to 0. ENOENT A semaphore identifier does not exist for key and (semflg&IPC_CREAT) is false. ENOSPC A semaphore identifier is to be created but the system-imposed limit on the maximum number of allowed semaphores or sema- phore identifiers system-wide would be exceeded. See NOTES. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1), rctladm(1M), intro(2), semctl(2), semop(2), setrctl(2), ftok(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
The system-imposed limit on the value of the nsems argument is the maintained on a per-process basis using the process.max-sem-nsems resource control. The system-imposed limit on the number of semaphore identifiers is maintained on a per-project basis using the project.max-sem-ids resource control. See rctladm(1M) and setrctl(2) for information about using resource controls. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2003 semget(2)