Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring AIX monitoring tools for graphical output Post 302471460 by krishna_vnr` on Saturday 13th of November 2010 02:17:22 AM
Old 11-13-2010
AIX monitoring tools for graphical output

Hi ,

I am new for Aix i am using IBM AIX server in our org. I am using tomcat and JDK 1.6 for our own ERP software the data base was stored in another server (windows )

i want to monitor my AIX server with graphical output from another system it is possible please help me, any other software is there ?

Thanks in advanced

Krishna.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking Monitoring Tools

Any idea where can I get a freware to monitor the network traffic in my department? The best is this tool can store the log files. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zheng_soon
5 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

UNIX Monitoring tools

I need some monitoring tools for SCO 7.1.4 Does anybody reccomend some software that I can install to monitor mem leaks and odd SAR values etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trebor1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX monitoring tools

Guys, I would like to know who are using monitoring tools? I use Nagios before but it seems is more on Linux and Windows platform. - Nagios - BigBrother - BigSister - Cacti - MRTG - JFFNMS - anymore? Please give comment too I would like to have some comment on UNIX monitoring tools.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Monitoring tools

Hi, In HPUX there is a grate monitor tools named GLANCE, which give you information on the disks load, memory usage, cpu ... What is the equivalent tool in LINUX Redhat 4. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 4.2 temperature monitoring tools included ?

Are there any AIX 4.2 commands that would give me the ability to monitor the hardware temperature ? I did a forum search and found nothing about AIX. I checked the 'diag' command but it does not say anywhere that it has this feature. I tried the 'prtdiag' command but it does not exist on the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommend graphical monitoring tool for sun

Hi folks I am looking for tool which have graphical presentation for cpu and disk characteristics. Cpu is the least of the concern, disk is the most. We use san devices and i know which id's correspond to it. But the problem is that at least one of the tool I tried to use - Quest Sportlight does... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggolub
6 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring tools

I am interested whitch tools are the best by monitoring the UNIX processes and network interfaces ? and whitch tools for management UNIX ? I know that the nagios very good monitoring tools, but interested me and others who have ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danyy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX user monitoring tools

Hello mates.. i need help with these things *Users should be allowed to login only once, i.e Multiple logins from single user should be restricted and should issue an alert if any user tries . *statistics of everyday log in time ,duration of login,and the commands executed by the user *Alert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: safijunaid
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Recommendations on GRAPHICAL Monitoring Tool

Need assistance in finding a Graphical Monitoring tool open source for Centos , REDHAT linux which doesnt require "root" to compile the tool. Tool that does performance monitoring for Disk usage, CPU, Memory ,Network stats Need install and configure steps as well . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

10. AIX

Monitoring tools

The monitoring tools what we have not able to see historical information about the process name or pid number for the process that consumed high CPU or memory or paging space. Can you please suggest some of the best monitoring tools available in the market that monitors primarily AIX and other Unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
0 Replies
pbs_resources_aix4(7B)							PBS						    pbs_resources_aix4(7B)

NAME
pbs_resources_aix4 - pbs Resources on IBM AIX 4 DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes the resources supported by PBS for IBM systems running AIX version 4. These resources are specified for jobs by including them in the -l option argument on the qsub or qalter command or in the PBS job script. RESOURCES
cput Maximum amount of CPU time used by all processes in the job. Units: time. file The largest size of any single file that may be created by the job. Units: size. mem Maximum amount of physical memory (workingset) used by the job. Units: size. vmem Maximum amount of virtual memory used by all concurrent processes in the job. Units: size. nice The nice value under which the job is to be run. Units: unitary. pcput Maximum amount of CPU time used by any single process in the job. Units: time. pmem Maximum amount of physical memory (workingset) used by any single process of the job. Units: size. pvmem Maximum amount of virtual memory used by any single process in the job. Units: size. walltime Maximum amount of real time during which the job can be in the running state. Units: time. arch Specifies the administrator defined system architecture requried. This defaults to whatever the PBS_MACH string is set to in "local.mk". Units: string. host Name of host on which job should be run. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable val- ues and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. nodes Number and/or type of nodes to be reserved for exclusive use by the job. The value is one or more node_specs joined with the '+' character, "node_spec[+node_spec...]. Each node_spec is an number of nodes required of the type declared in the node_spec and a name or one or more properity or properities desired for the nodes. The number, the name, and each properity in the node_spec are separated by a colon ':'. If no number is specified, one(1) is assumed. Units: string. The name of a node is its hostname. The properities of nodes are: . ppn=# specifying the number of processors per node requested. Defaults to 1. . arbitrary string assigned by the system administrator, please check with your administrator as to the node names and properi- ties available to you. Examples: . To ask for 12 nodes of any type: -l nodes=12 . To ask for 2 "server" nodes and 14 other nodes (a total of 16): -l nodes=2:server+14 The above consist of two node_specs "2:server" and "14". . To ask for (a) 1 node that is a "server" and has a "hippi" interface, (b) 10 nodes that are not servers, and (c) 3 nodes that have a large amount of memory an have hippi: -l nodes=server:hippi+10:noserver+3:bigmem:hippi . To ask for three nodes by name: -l nodes=b2005+b1803+b1813 . To ask for 2 processors on each of four nodes: -l nodes=4:ppn=2 . To ask for 4 processors on one node: -l nodes=1:ppn=4 . To ask for 2 processors on each of two blue nodes and three processors on one red node: -l nodes=2:blue:ppn=2+red:ppn=3 host Allows a user to specify the desired execution location. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. other Allows a user to specify site specific information. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. software Allows a user to specify software required by the job. This is useful if certain software packages are only available on cer- tain systems in the site. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. EXAMPLES
qsub -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 script or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 qsub -l cput=1:00:00,walltime=2:00:00,file=50gb,mem=15mb script qalter -lcput=30:00,pmem=8mb 123.jobid or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l cput=1:00:00,walltime=2:00:00,file=50gb,mem=15mb RESOURCE UNITS
The resource values take the following units: time specifies a maximum time period the resource can be used. Time is expressed in seconds as an integer, or in the form: [[hours:]minutes:]seconds[.milliseconds] size specifies the maximum amount in terms of bytes or words. It is expressed in the form integer[suffix] The suffix is a multiplier defined in the following table, The size of a word is the word size on the execution host. b or w bytes or words. kb or kw Kilo(1024) bytes or words. mb or mw Mega (1,048,576) bytes or words. gb or gw Giga (1,073,741,824) bytes or words. unitary The maximum amount of a resource which is expressed as a simple integer. SEE ALSO
the PBS ERS, qsub(1B), qalter(1B), pbs_submit(3B), pbs_alterjob(3B), pbs_statjob(3b) pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local pbs_resources_aix4(7B)