Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with if clause in bash script Post 302469120 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 4th of November 2010 07:50:00 PM
Old 11-04-2010
Two ways:

Easy but not so efficient:

Code:
for MYmac in 0012CFCDA11A 0012CFCDA123 0012CFCD7123
do
    zcat /var/log/messages.2.gz | awk -v MAC=$MYmac -v C=0 '{ if ($0 ~ "DHCPDIS.*94.18.*"MAC ) C++ } END { print C, MAC }'
done

Efficient but more complex, is to put your Mac-list into the file "macs" and process file and stdin with awk:

Code:
zcat messages.gz | awk '{ F+=(FNR==1);
       if (F==1) cnt[$1]=0;
       if (F==2 && $0 ~ "DHCPDIS.*94.18") {
            MAC=gensub(/^.*ZEMdhcp: ([^:]*):.*/, "\\1", "");
            if (MAC in cnt) cnt[MAC]++;
       } } END { for(i in cnt) print cnt[i], i } ' macs -

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 11-04-2010 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Fixup formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

building a SET clause in shell script

Hi, I have a comma delimited string, e.g. empno, ename, sal. Using Korn Shell Script I want to build the SET clause for an UPDATE statement, and set clause should look like this: empno=decode(:empno, '?', empno, :empno), ename=decode(:ename, '?', empno, :ename), sal=decode(:sal, '?',... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash-Shell: If-Clause to check if file is empty

Hello, I want to checkl whether my file has text in it or not. if ; then ... if ; then ... But none of these work Can someone help me? ---------- Post updated at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:55 AM ---------- The code-tags caused an displayerror,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

../ in perl and if clause

Hi can anyone please explain what the below code does? i mean $fide_stopfile = ? when $FIDE_SCR = '/fs/dir1/dir2/common/scr' and also little confused with if clause too. what it check? $fide_stopfile = "$ENV{FIDE_SCR}/../tmp/STOP"; if ( -e $fide_stopfile > 0 ) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating & executing the SELECT and UPDATE clause dynamically using shell script

Hi All, I need to write one shell script. The requirement is as follows. a) I am having list the employee names in a file stored in /tmp directory location as below /tmp/emp.txt b) and the contents are as below cat emp.txt ravi raj ram arun c) I need to connect to sybase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gowtham_giri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle 11g script read from file in where clause (RHEL 5.7)

Hi everyone, Simple question. I have a comma-delimited file, aux.txt, with the following contents (all in one line): 'value1','value2','value3',...,'valueN' I would like to know if there's a way I can use that file inside a sql script in a where clause, like so: select myfield1 from mytable... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
MACLABEL(7)					       BSD Miscellaneous Information Manual					       MACLABEL(7)

NAME
maclabel -- Mandatory Access Control label format DESCRIPTION
If Mandatory Access Control, or MAC, is enabled in the kernel, then in addition to the traditional credentials, each subject (typically a user or a socket) and object (file system object, socket, etc.) is given a MAC label. The MAC label specifies the necessary subject-specific or object-specific information necessary for a MAC security policy to enforce access control on the subject/object. The format for a MAC label is defined as follows: policy1/qualifier1,policy2/qualifier2,... A MAC label consists of a policy name, followed by a forward slash, followed by the subject or object's qualifier, optionally followed by a comma and one or more additional policy labels. For example: biba/low(low-low) biba/high(low-high),mls/equal(equal-equal),partition/0 SEE ALSO
mac(3), posix1e(3), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_mls(4), mac_none(4), mac_partition(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_test(4), login.conf(5), getfmac(8), getpmac(8), ifconfig(8), setfmac(8), setpmac(8), mac(9) HISTORY
MAC first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
October 25, 2002 BSD